IGNORED

Off to E3! Pictures Posted!

Albert

I'm about to head off to Los Angeles to attend E3! Looking forward to learning more about the Nintendo Revolution, Sony PS3, and Microsoft Xbox 360. As well as all the countless games that will be displayed for these consoles, the PSP, DS, and PCs. I'm going to try and post some pictures each night (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), but no guarantees just yet. At the very least I will post my impression of the show at the end of each day. :)

..Al

I'm about to head off to Los Angeles to attend E3!  Looking forward to learning more about the Nintendo Revolution, Sony PS3, and Microsoft Xbox 360.  As well as all the countless games that will be displayed for these consoles, the PSP, DS, and PCs.  I'm going to try and post some pictures each night (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), but no guarantees just yet.  At the very least I will post my impression of the show at the end of each day.  :)

..Al

856921[/snapback]

Nice! :thumbsup:

Have a good time!

I'm about to head off to Los Angeles to attend E3!  Looking forward to learning more about the Nintendo Revolution, Sony PS3, and Microsoft Xbox 360.  As well as all the countless games that will be displayed for these consoles, the PSP, DS, and PCs.  I'm going to try and post some pictures each night (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), but no guarantees just yet.  At the very least I will post my impression of the show at the end of each day.  :)

..Al

856921[/snapback]

Nice! :thumbsup:

Have a good time!

856922[/snapback]

Have fun and raise some hell!!Or at least give a report on some classic complilations coming out (if any). :)

It's early (too early!) Wednesday morning, and I'm sitting in the hotel lobby, where I'm about to go outside to wait for the first shuttle to the LA Convention Center. That's when the fun and chaos begins, as thousands of people will queue in line to get their E3 badges (if they don't already have them) and badge holders. Then we'll all sit anxiously, a huge herd waiting for the doors to be opened at 10am so we can rush inside to see and play the latest games and systems. Should be fun. I'll be taking tons of pictures (I can take about 500 before I need to dump them into my laptop) and will try to post some tonight, although I cannot guarantee anything at this point, as I'm not sure what we'll be doing after the show. So it may not be until pretty late. :)

..Al

One thing everyone talks about is getting free shwag. I'd like to know what kind of freebies you'll get your hands on there. I've always heard that most of it was fairly worthless junk, like keychains and bumper stickers, but sometimes you can get good stuff, like shirts and games.

Well from the news of E3... there is no news!! Apparently there was a power outage and caused a 6 hour delay to the official start to this years E3. I'm wondering if anything got started at E3 today. It must have been all those Flashback Units that were hogging all the power and shorted out the power! LOL!

Is that a 'REAL' Katamari !

858137[/snapback]

Yes, and the guy supervising it, was cool enough to hot-glue a Combat cart to it. :D

858159[/snapback]

That's fantastic.

So, why exactly is there a full size Stargate there? Is there going to be a game based on the show?

And why are all those Electronic Arts Commodore 64 games pinned up to a wall? Is there going to be a compilation? (Please say yes!)

Well from the news of E3... there is no news!!  Apparently there was a power outage and caused a 6 hour delay to the official start to this years E3.  I'm wondering if anything got started at E3 today.  It must have been all those Flashback Units that were hogging all the power and shorted out the power!  LOL!

857946[/snapback]

This isn't quite true. There was a power outage in the hallway (and adjoining meeting rooms) outside of the South Hall for several hours, but this did not affect any of the main (West, South, and Kentia) halls, nor did it delay opening of the show at all. It did make it more difficult for some people to register, as media registration was in one of the rooms that lost power.

..Al

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that you guys officially suck. :P

Nice pics! The flashback 2 looks to be a little bigger in size than the Flashback 1. I like the normal controllers on that thing.

I was wondering if you could PM me the Stargate coordinates so I could meet you guys there later tonight? :ponder:

So, why exactly is there a full size Stargate there? Is there going to be a game based on the show?

The Stargate is there to promote a Stargate video game. I have not yet had a chance to play the game, but you can bet that I'll spend some time around the Stargate tomorrow (I have a short list of games I want to check out tomorrow, the last day of the show). I don't have high hopes that a television-based video game will be any good, but I sure would like to be surprised. I must say, when I saw the full-size Stargate, my jaw nearly dropped. :D

And why are all those Electronic Arts Commodore 64 games pinned up to a wall? Is there going to be a compilation? (Please say yes!)

858181[/snapback]

The Electronic Arts box artwork lines the back wall of the (brand new this year) Electronic Arts booth. While I didn't go over it carefully, it looks like it contains every single EA game ever released, starting at the very beginning (which is where I took the picture I posted). Even though I do not like the modern company, it is cool to see them paying homage to their origins. In the center of their booth where they have a massive, wraparound 360 degree screen (which I must say is hugely impressive), the (long) video loop in there has a segment that lists many of the platforms they've written software for, and the first to appear is the Atari 800. :)

..Al

Cool. But they should have had Combat carts as the entry badges.  :D

858541[/snapback]

They'd need 60,000+ Combat carts. :) And judging by how crowded the show seems to be this year, I'm guessing the attendance will be even higher than it has been the last few years.

..Al

And the flashback poster shows that they will have a left handed stick?  :)

858595[/snapback]

That appears to be the artwork used for the first version of the box that appeared on the net (it also has a left-handed joystick--an artist must have mirrored the image in Photoshop). The Flashback 2.0's that I've used here at E3 all have right-handed joysticks. :)

..Al