IGNORED

LABLE ERROR on MIDNIGHT MAGIC

MattyXB

I have get today a very cool Lable Error from Midnight Magic. Look here:

midnightmagicerror.jpg

Everyone now the normale Label. Midnight Magic Normale Lable

And I have a second cartridge where stand Printed in China, but this has a normale Lable.(Printed in Honk Kong is on the Lable Error, and here on the normale Lable on Atari Age).

I think there are more out as PAL, but I don't know if this exist in NTSC too (I think this is PAL only).

Glenn Axworthy was the programmer (at least thats what the internal message in the cart says). I don't know why it says Midnight and Midnite, probably just a miscommunication between the programmer and the label maker. Which is it suppose to be? I would think it's Midnight.

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

I don't know why it says Midnight and Midnite, probably just a miscommunication between the programmer and the label maker. Which is it suppose to be? I would think it's Midnight.

It's supposed to be Midnight Magic. The game is loosely based on David's Midnight Magic, which was a computer game released by Broderbund in the early 1980's.

I also don't know why the title in the game itself says "Midnite." My guess is that the programmer wanted to display the name in that font, but couldn't squeeze "Midnight" into that area.