IGNORED

Easter Egg in Berzerk?

X5-655

Funny this comes up now, I just played Berserk for the first time YEARS and I noticed the evil otto face when they explode.... i didnt think of it so much as an easter egg as i thought of it as a really creative subliminal way to invoke fear of otto.

I just thought of it as "that's cheapo 2600 for ya.. reusing the graphics" :lol:

Well, I guess I was wrong. But that was my impression of it when I was a kid :P Great game btw..

but those issues are not OS X's fault, thats cause the programmer of Stella has not corrected the issue yet..  for example, to take a screenshot in Stella, I can press F12, but on OS X Tiger, that causes the "Dashboard" to appear on the screen.  So, the only way for me to use F12 in Stella, is if im in fullscreen, where the Dashboard will not appear (because it knows a fullscreen application is running, and will not get in the way)...

:idea: You can remap every key in Stella. Press TAB while it is running.

861609[/snapback]

You can also disable the hot keys like F12 in OSX .. at least, you could under Panther.

• 1 month later...

Here, let me explain it another way:

Yes, the explosion graphic is obviously just Evil Otto in inverse. However, the game does not create it by simply inverting the Evil Otto graphic on the fly. It is a deliberately-created separate image that just happens to look like Evil Otto in inverse.

-DS-