IGNORED

2600 Emulation on Gameboy Advance!

NE146

quote:

Originally posted by 2600emu:

What do you want to know?

Hello! I have a few questions. For instance, what are your plans for this emulator? Do you intend to finish it to the point where it'll run on actual GBA hardware? Do you have any idea for when you might release a version that you could share with the general public? How long do you think it'll take you to get most games working? Do you plan on supporting paddle games?

How's that for starters?

..Al

quote:

Hello! I have a few questions. For instance, what are your plans for this emulator? Do you intend to finish it to the point where it'll run on actual GBA hardware? Do you have any idea for when you might release a version that you could share with the general public? How long do you think it'll take you to get most games working? Do you plan on supporting paddle games?

The emulator is actually a quick and dirty port of Virtual VCS by Dan Boris which was a port of Virtual 2600 Emulator by Alex Hornby and is now released under the GPL.

A lot of games DO work already, we are seeing about 1 - 5 fps on most 2 - 4k games with a frameskip of 5. It is VERY slow, and has little optimisation at the current time.

It does run on hardware, albeit very slowly

I could release a version of it soon, but a more likely event is that I'll just release the source as it stands for somebody else ot pick up on.

All the code is already there to support paddles, keypads, you name it

Cant say much else at this time, it is still quite new to even myself.