IGNORED

Homebrewerpalooza Contest ends Sunday

Shaggy the Atarian

Just a heads up to everyone about the 7800 Homebrewerpalooza Contest. It ends Sunday. Remember, any homebrew, even if it is just a hack will be accepted. Many thanks to all who are participating! If you have a file ready just send along a .A78 file with instructions to my PM box.

(I would put this in the contest forum but I figure that most people who are interested in the 7800 read this forum more often than that one.)

Got it.  :cool:

866438[/snapback]

I'm so glad this contest was created:

Tubes (awesome game),

Beef Drop (awesome game),

Q-Bert (awesome game)

Frogger (awesome game)

and Pac Man (awesome game)

are all now on the 7800! And maybe we'll get lucky and a few more surprises will surface by Sunday. ;-)

Got it.  :cool:

866438[/snapback]

I'm so glad this contest was created:

Tubes (awesome game),

Beef Drop (awesome game),

Q-Bert (awesome game)

Frogger (awesome game)

and Pac Man (awesome game)

are all now on the 7800! And maybe we'll get lucky and a few more surprises will surface by Sunday. ;-)

867478[/snapback]

Hmm, should I? May as well, just so you all know what has been submitted. And of course, I can accept any others up to Sunday.

:D

Here's what else has been submitted so far:

SpaceWar 7800

Robotfindskitten

Combat 1990

:cool:

I don't know wether that bug is fixed by now. I can't test on a real 7800, and input/output emulation is quite buggy on emulators (that is, works in cases it shouldn't. can't remember which emu this was, but one totally ignored what you wrote to the port direction registers...). Nor can I imagine why all the joystick directions except up would work...

Tubes (awesome game),

Wow, I don't even know how to finish it, and it's already "awesome"? :-)

Anyhow, I've decided to work on a more ambitious 7800 project. In my *cough* Copious Free Time[tm], of course.

870193[/snapback]

I *LOVE* Tetris games and Tubes is a neat twist. I was playing it, Frogger and Beef Drop most of this evening. (Q-Bert looks cool, but I suck at it)

Well, I've got to admit that it is fun even without a point.  Katamari Damacy apparently had a similar problem, and they had to put in the time limits just to give you some kind of objective.

870238[/snapback]

The sheer sillyness of Katamari Damacy is its appeal for me. Between the rapping Japanese guy, the king in the cod-piece and swallowing up Godzilla, I once had a basement full of people howling with laughter as this game was played.