IGNORED

I love Ebay

Elvis8Atari

I have bought huge synths, games and other stuff on ebay and so far every thing has gone great, except that twice when I sell stuff, which is not often, I got the odd loser who wont pay after he has won the auction. As far as atari goes, it is great for finding games, but I still find even extremely rare titles in the wild, though that is rare in itself, and I have to go out of my way to find them, if Im bored and have nothing to do I use ebay all the time to get carts, without ebay it would be impossible for me to get some of these games, however sometimes Im forced to either pay too much for a game or I have to let it go because I dont think its worth it. Ebay is too popular these days!! I have found about 80 games in the wild in just under 2 years of casual searching. I even won the computer I'm typing this on on Ebay. Cool eh?

Ive never been stung on ebay. I havent been using it that long though - Since Sep last year when I finally splashed out on a PC at home. Ive been using PC's at work for 7 years with web access for the last five but most sites were locked out - ebay and hotmail to name a few. Alas most of my collection came from the wild between 93 and 96. You just dont see any games in the wild in England these days.

Now though, ebay is my only hope and yes its getting more and more popular all the time. The bidding wars you see between 2 or 3 (0) sellers are silly.

I think they could drop the charges a little though. There probably the only web company making any moolar and yet they continue to increase fees.

Adam

quote:

Originally posted by StellasGhost:

I use ebay all the time to get carts, without ebay it would be impossible for me to get some of these games, however sometimes Im forced to either pay too much for a game or I have to let it go because I dont think its worth it.

I've had to let many carts go on e-Bay for the same reason. I don't really have any other way of finding carts than e-Bay. The only place I know of is up in Wisconsin, and I'm never able to get there when it's open. On some VERY rare ocassions, when shopping at Music Recyclery, I have come across things. I bought my 7800 sans joysticks with 6 games for $13 from them. Honestly the best deal I ever got on Atari stuff. And if I hadn't asked right then, I probably would have missed it. It was on a back shelf and the guy running the place said if I hadn't bought it he was going to ship it to another store that sells Atari stuff (sadly, the other store was to far away for me to ever go there and see what they had )

quote:

Originally posted by Jerry Kurtz:

So, how is selling something to somebody, taking a billpoint (ebay payemnts), and shipping to a billing address my fault?

I followed all the rules, yet since someone paid with a "alleged" stolen card, I was out over $270.00. Come to find out, the seller is the only person in the ebay community that has absolutely NO protection. It is really all in the buyer's favor.

As a result, anything I sell on ebay is money order only.

Yes, but, there are so many seller who misrepresent there item or are completely unknowledgeable about them that is kinda understandable. Anybody can sell almost anything on e-Bay, and if they get caught being dishonest all they have to do is change their e-mail address and start again.

The e-bay enviornment makes it difficult for sellers because of the dishonest ones, so in this case it's buyer AND seller beware.

Still I won't let others bad experiences ruin mine!

So far I have lucky. I have not had any bad experiences with people selling Atari items. In fact, I had a very good experience where someone was sending me a cartridge, I did not get it after 3 weeks and I sent that person an email and he sent me a replacement.

However I have had 2 guys rip me off on DVDS. I only lost 38 dollars between the two but I hate it when Ebay tells you that they can't do anything if it is less than $25. They should be able to cover small charges as well.