IGNORED

East Coast Gaming Expo - www.ecgxpo.com

ECGXChuck

East Coast Gaming Expo has changed its website address.

We are now located at -

http://www.ecgxpo.com

Also, e-mail addresses have changed, please update your address books -

Chuck's e-mail address is now chuck@ecgxpo.com

Rob's e-mail address is now rob@ecgxpo.com

Matt's e-mail address is now matt@ecgxpo.com

ECGXpo 2005 is still being held at the Inn at Reading, September 18th, 2005. This year is STILL free entrance, and vendor tables are going quick at just $15!

I don't care if you leave East Coast Gaming expo to start your own convention but you need get your own name.

I spoke with Joe Santulli and other members of CGE about running a show in the Philly PA area back in 2003. Only after Joe put you in touch with me did you come on board. You weren't even the first guy to climb on board. While you did alot and I would never have been able to pull off the show I did last year I registered the website and have paid the bills up until this years show. I started this, I paid the bills and the name belongs to me.

No matter what are differences are you need your own name. To steal the name like this is pretty shitty. It not even that great a name. Pick another.

ecgx...ecgxpo...whatever dude

Adam Harvey

East Coast Gaming Expo

THE REAL FOUNDER

That's it!

I'm starting the ECDGX. This too will be in the Philly area.

Welcome to the East Coast Drunken Gaming Expo!! :lust:

Where gaming vendors set up next to beer vendors.

Imagine... You show up at the door and receive a commemorative ECDGX pint glass.. you hear the sounds of all your favorite classic games.. you savor the aroma of freshly brewed beer being dispensed. Heading over to the nearest beer booth, your only contemplation is "which style of beer will compliment a good game of Galaga, a dark amber lager? or should it be a light ale?

Events would include: but not be limited to..

- "Drinkin' Night Driver" - Drink, Drink, Drink... Drive...

- "Warlords Guzzle" - when you're out you must finish your beer immediately and then buy the winner a beer of his choice..

- "Wet T-shirt Contest" ok, ok.. this might not have anything to do with gaming, but if you want, contestants can be dressed up as their favorite gaming character..

- "Kaboom Keg o' Rama" - still ironing out the details on this one..

- There will be the "hammock area" - where off in a corner dozens of hammocks set up for your napping leisure"

This will be a weekend event - crashing at the event is not only welcomed, but encouraged!

Details to follow...

:ponder:

• 3 weeks later...

We did it last year, and we're going to do it again this year. One lucky attendee of the East Coast Gaming Expo will walk away with their very own VECTREX. Now, last year's prize was a loose one, this year, we're gonna do it up a bit. This year's winner will win a BOXED Vectrex w/ the original owner's manual, Minestorm overlay, and the extra goodies that came with the system.

ECGXpo - The Vectrex a Year Convention

We did it last year, and we're going to do it again this year.  One lucky attendee of the East Coast Gaming Expo will walk away with their very own VECTREX.  Now, last year's prize was a loose one, this year, we're gonna do it up a bit.  This year's winner will win a BOXED Vectrex w/ the original owner's manual, Minestorm overlay, and the extra goodies that came with the system.

ECGXpo - The Vectrex a Year Convention

878902[/snapback]

Hey that's pretty cool! I'll try to get up there..

• 2 months later...
I'm up for the Warlords Guzzle and Kaboom Keg o Rama!

We need to do one of these in someone's hotel room in Philly.

919513[/snapback]

I don't know about the Keg o Rama part, but there is gonna be a Kaboom tournament at ECGXpo. 8*)

• 3 weeks later...

*bump*

Just a reminder to everyone, Sunday the 18th is East Coast Gaming Expo! If you're not there you're missing a great time! Tons of games, arcade, console, computer, give-aways, tournaments, me randomly throwing t-shirts at people's heads, the works! It's gonna be another great show!

This wasn't a bad little show - Sure there's plenty of room for improvement, but all in all, worth the trip up..

+ As much little 2600 coverage, from demos to contest, I bought about 30 VCS carts that I didn't have to fill in my collection..

+ plenty of space to move around, wasn't crowded at all

+ for it's size, nice collection of arcade games.. I'm not a big fan of mini cabs, which there were probably more of them, but I did enjoy the mini missile command - fell in love(again) with Defender

+ kids had fun.. said they go again next year, as did I

+Give aways were nice, except it took us awhile to find out how to get tickets. The Vectrex was an awesome prize except the vendor selling all the boxed consoles won the boxed vectrex :ponder:

- For me there was little 2600 coverage, but for those who wanted to bolster there NES/SNES/N64/PS1 collections, there was plenty to go around

- The PA system was horrible. You couldn't hear what was going on unless you were right next to the guy talking.

- Seemed a bit disorganized - There were no times set for the tournaments, so no idea when stuff started. The "sign in" desk was tucked away in with the vendors.

- This is mainly to some of the vendors - If you really want to sell something have a price on it, or have the carts separated by a distiguishable price. I bought all my carts from those that had prices marked on the cases. Was quite frustrating to ask - "Hi, how much are these Atari cartridges?" and get "oh they vary depending on cart" - "Ok, how much is this?" The guy actually had to yell over to someone else across the aisle, who knew the price.. Right, like I want to do this for all the carts I wanted, so I passed.

Hopefully improvements will be made for next year, but overall, a decent little show. Compared to Philly Classic, the ECGX isn't that far behind. Granted it wasn't as big, but that doesn't make a show good. I think a bit more organization, could go a long way and make this a must visit show. I realize some aspects weren't meant for me, like the DDR and Bongo games, but I wish there was a tad more Atari coverage.