IGNORED

Stella@Biglist List Problems?

NorbytheRobot

quote:

Originally posted by NorbytheRobot:

Anybody out there who is on the Stella mailing list getting anything through? I have resent a message twice and gotten no response. And the volume on the list is way down.

You MUST subscribe, or your messages will be delayed (manual filtering) or sometimes even deleted.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

Actually, I'm in the process of taking over the admin chores from Glenn, who's overly busy at the moment.

Sadly, the queue apparently got too big recently, and the Biglist admin (not Glenn or I) had to dump the whole thing. I'd been looking at it previous (couldn't modify the queue however), and I *KNOW* there were valid messages there; just couldn't do anything about it.

So, it's possible that if you tried to send something and it didn't get through, it might also be for that reason, and it wouldn't hurt to resend.

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Actually, I'm in the process of taking over the admin chores from Glenn, who's overly busy at the moment.

Sadly, the queue apparently got too big recently, and the Biglist admin (not Glenn or I) had to dump the whole thing. I'd been looking at it previous (couldn't modify the queue however), and I *KNOW* there were valid messages there; just couldn't do anything about it.

I think, you should post that important information to the list too.

quote:

Uhm... WHAT?!?

Is this going to be permanent or just for the moment?

[stella] without Glenn would be like a VCS without CPU!

Will he remain a contributing member at least?

And what about Death Derby?

Greetings,

Manuel

Okay, it's been posted to the list too. I'm officially Stella administrator now.

Glenn will still be working on Death Derby and hanging on the list as much as he can. Part of why he wanted me to take over was so he could work on DD.

On the other hand, this may very well be permanent. It's hard to say... I mean, Glenn has a kid now, while I'm a (perpetually) single guy. Who do you think has more free time to do admin chores?

quote:

Glenn will still be working on Death Derby and hanging on the list as much as he can. Part of why he wanted me to take over was so he could work on DD.

Good to hear, that Glenn is concentrating his left free time to finish DD.

quote:

Okay, it's been posted to the list too. I'm officially Stella administrator now.

So it remains in good hands!

Glenn will still be working on Death Derby and hanging on the list as much as he can.  Part of why he wanted me to take over was so he could work on DD.

Aha. Phew...

So all in all it might be even good news?

Still the end of an era I think...

On the other hand, this may very well be permanent.  It's hard to say...  I mean, Glenn has a kid now, while I'm a (perpetually) single guy.  Who do you think has more free time to do admin chores?

Hehe... Let's hope we can avoid that fate as long as possible

Greetings,

Manuel

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! I used to live right near the airport just down the street from Wolf & Palatine! Market Square Resturant is in the same Plaza as Sauer's. There's also a Blockbuster and a Baskin Robbins there. It's just before you hit the railroad tracks in Wheeling while heading east on Dundee Rd. Like right before, or in other words, you hit the tracks you missed it.

quote:

Originally posted by MoonlightKnight:

Is the Hokey Pokey really what it's all about?

Now that I've been married a little over 3 years, I think there is more to it than that

I just did a post on the StellaList and it went right thru, no problems. It was to let all the Atari 2600 game authors know about my publishing services. I just hope everyone does not make it into what happened a while back..

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

Is the Hokey Pokey really what it's all about?

Now that I've been married a little over 3 years, I think there is more to it than that

I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that

After being married for five years and having three kids, you start to ask these questions...

You put your left foot in...

No seriously though, glad to see you on Stella@Biglist.com, Junie. Hopefully, Andrew Davie will help us illiterates so we have use for some of your services. I have an idea for a game, but without the vocabulary in assembly, it will never be written But should a good teacher (who willing to start from scratch with me) want to teach, I'm a fast learner And I would definately talk to you when I was finished with the programming

quote:

I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that

After being married for five years and having three kids, you start to ask these questions...

You put your left foot in...

Sooner or later someone was going to comment on it, turned out to be me

quote:

No seriously though, glad to see you on Stella@Biglist.com, Junie. Hopefully, Andrew Davie will help us illiterates so we have use for some of your services. I have an idea for a game, but without the vocabulary in assembly, it will never be written But should a good teacher (who willing to start from scratch with me) want to teach, I'm a fast learner And I would definately talk to you when I was finished with the programming

I did respond to your message on the StellaList, but I never did get the message.. Either my message didn't go through or I didn't do it right. I use Outlook Express as my e-mail software, and I simply hit Reply-- Perhaps I need to click on Reply to all

Did you receive the message? If not I'll try it again.

Hopefully if Andrew Davie does walk you thru the programming he will keep the information and make a tutorial out of it, or someone learning it will-- That way other people wanting to get into programming for the Atari 2600 has a way to learn it.

Plus with a actual tutorial made, it can be updated and re-worked to make it easier for new 6502 programmers.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Junie ]

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

I did respond to your message on the StellaList, but I never did get the message.. Either my message didn't go through or I didn't do it right. I use Outlook Express as my e-mail software, and I simply hit Reply-- Perhaps I need to click on Reply to all

Did you receive the message? If not I'll try it again.

I got the message, no problem. You sure your Outlook Express is working right. I now when I set mine up the first time it took me two days to get all the mail to go there.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MoonlightKnight ]

quote:

I THINK I know where you mean about Sauer's; don't get up that way much anymore though. It's Elmhurst and Dundee, right?

Hmm, should check out that Blockbuster for N64 BB exclusives...

It's one light west of Elmhurst, there's a resturant on that corner called Market Square. The bakery and the Blockbuster are in the shopping center behind it. If you cross the train tracks, you just misssed it.

quote:

Hopefully, Andrew Davie will help us illiterates so we have use for some of your services. I have an idea for a game, but without the vocabulary in assembly, it will never be written.

Just to make one thing clear:

Neither the Stella Mailing List nor Andrew's tutorials are meant to teach you 650x assembler. That is the basic knowledge that you have to learn yourself and there are plenty resources available that will help you there.

Only when you have got at least some assembler knowledge, you will be able to follow both.