IGNORED

ICD founders

ijor

Mike is no doubt still hiding from all the people who he too took money for orders for the Mars-8 and many other vaporware products (that in fact Bob Wooley really designed for Mike) as well as running off with people's hardware that he wanted to examine and never returned.

Thanks for the information, Curt. But I guess you are talking about Mike Hohman from FTE. And I was actually asking about Mike Gustafson, who (I deduce from all what has been posted here) was the actual designer of most ICD products.

So if there was anything really of worth, Mike may have pulled it out of his warehouse before it was cleared and sold off.

So you seem to assume that Mike Hohman received all the technical insider/confidentail ICD documentation? I recall reading that the person that bought the ICD ST line didn't get any schematics or stuff like that from ICD. Is that the same Mike Hohman, or the ST line was bought by somebody else?

One of the many people I contacted to get my MIO fix did have a scan of the schematic for the MIO. I can post it if anyone is interested.

870331[/snapback]

Wow, that's nice of you. :D I'd love to take a look at that. I have a 130XE running with an MIO and 20M HD. I try not to think about something failing on it.

I am not sure on the ST side, perhaps Steve at Wizztronics, but I don't know that for a fact, just thinking that may have been one of the persons who may have obtained those items.

Curt

Mike is no doubt still hiding from all the people who he too took money for orders for the Mars-8 and many other vaporware products (that in fact Bob Wooley really designed for Mike) as well as running off with people's hardware that he wanted to examine and never returned.

Thanks for the information, Curt. But I guess you are talking about Mike Hohman from FTE. And I was actually asking about Mike Gustafson, who (I deduce from all what has been posted here) was the actual designer of most ICD products.

So if there was anything really of worth, Mike may have pulled it out of his warehouse before it was cleared and sold off.

So you seem to assume that Mike Hohman received all the technical insider/confidentail ICD documentation? I recall reading that the person that bought the ICD ST line didn't get any schematics or stuff like that from ICD. Is that the same Mike Hohman, or the ST line was bought by somebody else?

870308[/snapback]

One of the many people I contacted to get my MIO fix did have a scan of the schematic for the MIO. I can post it if anyone is interested.

870331[/snapback]

Please do it.

Note that there is a big difference between "Field Service" schematics, and internal confidential ones.

Field service schematics are usually board level schematics, used for repairs.

Confidential docs should also include any other information needed for reconstructing/cloning/emulating the device. For example, internal schematics of an ASIC chip.

Of course, if the device is made with standard TTL chips only, then a board level schematics is more than enough.

But please post what you have in anycase. Many of us would love to see it.