IGNORED

50 or 60Hz monitor refresh program

Hello,

There used to be programs supplied with ST cover disks which would switch a monitor between a 50 or 60Hz vertical refresh rate. These could be placed into an AUTO folder with there usually being 2 seperate programs for either 50 or 60Hz, or a toggle program. I'm trying to find one of these.

So far I've found this program which partly does this but isn't the same as the ones on the cover disks; ftp.lip6.fr/pub/atari/Utilities/go5060hz.lzh It requires a reboot which is a bit impractical.

I've searched and searched for the last few hours and aren't getting too far. Does anyone have one of these progs or a link?

Thanks,

Aly

Hi again,

Attached is a program to toggle your monitor between 50 or 60hz.

Bit surprised no one uses these apps hence no reply, as if you have concerns about Elite Frontier and your ST not running fast enough, switching to 60hz increases the speed of the ST by about 20%. (less scan lines to service).

100*(50/60) = 83.33% ...(100-83.33) = 16.77% faster.

Aly

50_60hz.zip

• 1 month later...

On C.V.S.D. Website in download party, you can download Alyzee, this little ACC allows you to select your boot frequency, the difference with other progs, that you don't need AUTO Folder, Alyzee set the frequency on the boot sector in writing a boot sector who allows display personnal message, setting frequency, setting keyboard beep, etc..

GT Turbo (C.V.S.D.) ;)