IGNORED

Screen Size using Stella

Comptech25

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

I definitely think the Mac version of Stella is far better than the WinNT version in terms of front end and screen size. At least you can play in a window on the Mac version!

Ahhh, that's good to know. I'll have to try out the Mac version then. I usually take screenshots using the Windows version (StellaX), but it crashes often on me and will only play the games full-screen. Can you also play full-screen on the Mac (for those times when you don't want to see the Mac desktop?) Also, have you tried it in OS X?

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Nukey Shay:

Try right-clicking the .exe file and select full-screen from properties->screen.

This will only work if you're using the DOS version of Stella. This option won't appear with StellaX since it's a native Windows application. I've never tried running DOS Stella in Windows, how well does it work?

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

Ahhh, that's good to know. I'll have to try out the Mac version then. I usually take screenshots using the Windows version (StellaX), but it crashes often on me and will only play the games full-screen. Can you also play full-screen on the Mac (for those times when you don't want to see the Mac desktop?) Also, have you tried it in OS X?

..Al

I haven't tried the OSX version, but to answer your question, yes you can certainly play in full screen mode simply by selecting the Full Screen option in the menu bar or with command-F.

The Mac version is also very stable. I've experienced NO crashes or glitches which is a necessity when playing through a game in one sitting like the infamous Dark Chambers!

I highly recommend the Mac version if at all posible! You can even configure the keyboard keys to your liking at any point! Can't do that in the NT version of Stella!!