IGNORED

CinciClassic When?

Atari Dogs

Last I heard they were still talking about trying to get it going this year. I believe they were talking about Jillians (it's a very large bar/arcade combo place [similar to Dave & Busters]) as a possible location.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, if it does go down this year, it will be hard to organize at it will essentially be like starting over. The last CinciClassic was in 2002, and mum's been the word on another since then. I live in Cincy, and would love nothing more that to have a large scale local gaming con. Also, Jillian's is an A+ location for this event, as Covington, KY is a very fun town, Main Strasse is great on the weekends.

I'm a bit skeptical about Jillians as a place for a convention. My experience is that Jillians is more of a concert hall/trendy bar, than an expo center.

Sadly I have all but given up on my beloved Cinciclassic, too long with no buzz and no show. I'd love to be wrong though.

:( :( :( :( :(

But I'll go, even if they held it on the west side of Cincinnati.

876414[/snapback]

You sound like a bright man. Know of any jobs that could bring a poor guy from Sycamore home?

877296[/snapback]

I wish. I just spent four months looking for a job myself. Finally found one two months ago but it's still a temp position. I do love the job though

And yes, I'm an east sider. Went to Indian Hill for school but grew up in Sycamore Township (Kenwood).

Would you still go to Cinciclassic if it were in Walnut Hills or Over-The-Rhine? I get to go to night school at the 212 Hall in Walnut Hills twice a week and risk getting knifed/shot but eh, it's a good place for a con ;).

But I'll go, even if they held it on the west side of Cincinnati.

876414[/snapback]

You sound like a bright man. Know of any jobs that could bring a poor guy from Sycamore home?

877296[/snapback]

I wish. I just spent four months looking for a job myself. Finally found one two months ago but it's still a temp position. I do love the job though

And yes, I'm an east sider. Went to Indian Hill for school but grew up in Sycamore Township (Kenwood).

877958[/snapback]

Dang, big player... DIdn't realize you were an east sider. :) I moved to Silverton last year. Where are you living on the East side?

Would you still go to Cinciclassic if it were in Walnut Hills or Over-The-Rhine? I get to go to night school at the 212 Hall in Walnut Hills twice a week and risk getting knifed/shot but eh, it's  a good place for a con ;).

879171[/snapback]

That doesn't scare me. I used to work in OTR, in public housing for 11 years.

Dang, big player... DIdn't realize you were an east sider.  :)  I moved to Silverton last year.  Where are you living on the East side?

879225[/snapback]

Been in Loveland for the last eight years.

I didn't realize we had that many Cincinnatians here :)  I'm on the east side also (Milford actually) but I'll gladly go to the west side or anywhere around here to attend.

879488[/snapback]

I was joking about the west side thing. I never really understood it about this city, but that was because I stayed on the east side growing up.

There are plenty more classic gaming enthusiasts from out of town who will show up if when there is another Cinciclassic. At the 2002 show, there were AA members from Detroit, Pittsburgh, Columbus and I think some guy from Louisville too.

I didn't realize we had that many Cincinnatians here :) I'm on the east side also (Milford actually) but I'll gladly go to the west side or anywhere around here to attend.

879488[/snapback]

I was joking about the west side thing. I never really understood it about this city, but that was because I stayed on the east side growing up.

Here is a field trip for you. Go to Western Hills then Mt. Adams. Go to Northgate Mall and then Kenwood. Go to Fairfield then Montgomery. As I said its been a few years since I lived in Cincinnati, but I believe West Chester is still West and Mason/Lebanon qualify as East.

• 2 months later...

From the Cinciclassic promotor:

"We have a GREAT location reserved in Fairfield (15,000 square feet) for a spring 2006 Cinciclassic. At this point in time I figured it was best to move it to the spring rather than crunch it into the fall with Halloween, Christmas, New Year, etc.

http://www.fairfieldconventionctr.com/rooms/victoria.htm - We have both the floor and balcony around the top where more tables can sit.

I will work to keep the tables about $30.00 each and the admission either free or dirt cheap.

The convention center will be selling food and drinks at modest rates. We will also have power, tables, chairs, etc. provided for us.

The reserved weekend is April the 7th and 8th 2006.

We NEED to start the promotion ASAP."

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Good news! The Cinciclassic web page has been updated as well. I guess that counts as an official announcement.

That room looks like they will have much more space than they had in 2002. Now they do need to promote the hell out of it, since it's been so long. I'll be there of course.

Good news!  The Cinciclassic web page has been updated as well.  I guess that counts as an official announcement.

That room looks like they will have much more space than they had in 2002.  Now they do need to promote the hell out of it, since it's been so long.  I'll be there of course.

933074[/snapback]

Well, there's a little over 6 months to prepare, so I think it'll make for one hell of a show. I think I'm going to pitch in and help with the preparation of the show this year, should have the free time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...