IGNORED

How about an Arcade Stick.

Cobra Kai

I won't need to know for a while yet. I'm tossing around the idea now. Before it becomes reality, I need to actually build my workbench in my garage, which is at the tail end of a to do list that is about 50 items deep right now.

I only brought it up now thanks to the interest. I was actually thinking about announcing it when we released the "new, improved" GOAT Store later this summer (probably end up July), but this way people on here have the scoop first :)

• 1 year later...

I know that this topic is a bit old but, After I saw an auction on eBay with my name on it (I was a bit shocked) today I thought I would add a post. First a little up front info. I am not the seller of the auction (hence, why I was shocked), however I am the person who made the controller. If anyone has any questions about how it was made, just let me know. :)

An auction with my name?????????

Phil Boland

Just listed some extremely rare Jaguar items. Check it out! Be sure to scroll down.... :)

Atari Jaguar Goodies

Hi Jay Smith,

I see that you are selling the custom controller that I made for myself a few years ago. I sometimes wish I didn't sell it. Specially when I see it getting a lot more than what I sold it for about two years ago. I noticed in your auction you state: "Never went into full production." That is a true statement by itself, but I don't want people to think this is a prototype of some kind. If one was to open the joystick up, they would find a standard controller PCB with a lot of wires solder to it. I made it because there were no good arcade style controllers at the time. I will admit though that it is pretty cool to see my name in an auction. :)

Good luck with the auctions.

Phil Boland

Cool controller, although I think it would be better with the keypad moved over to the left some. Those buttons seem to be where your right palm would like to sit.

:D Hey! I noticed that too, if your using those buttons you would have to have your wrist raised up which could get uncomfortable, of course you never know how it feels in a game until you actually use it.

Hi, The Jaguar regular and pro controllers are adequate, however it seems like gaming would have an added dimension with a controller like this bad mutha :D :cool: :

post-9089-1177082718_thumb.jpg

not just because of size and arcade feel but the button placement seems good! I think this is/was Gunstar's?

P.S. Anyone have any info on this controller, name of it? who made it? can't remember was on JSII, but it's niiiice.

Edited by ovalbugmann

Cool controller, although I think it would be better with the keypad moved over to the left some. Those buttons seem to be where your right palm would like to sit.

:D Hey! I noticed that too, if your using those buttons you would have to have your wrist raised up which could get uncomfortable, of course you never know how it feels in a game until you actually use it.

I can see how some people might find the keypad location a problem. However I built it for me originally and I don't rest my hand on the control surface. I don't know why I don't, I just know that since the days of being in the arcade I always kept my palm off the surface. Plus, having the keypad where it is, lets you use it really quickly when you are in the heat of the action with games! ;)

Yes, the keypad placement would make using it on the fly very easy and quick. Good point. Better than looking down like on Atari's controllers. That's why I said you never know how it is to use until your playing a game. I'm sure it's a fun controller to use, and the lower you place the unit near you when playing there would be less likelyhood of your wrist contacting the keyboard inadvertantly anyways. It's just a matter of getting used to it. Too bad you only made one. :)

That's true. Hey, it's still a really nice creation man. I don't mean to bash it. ;)

I didn't think you were bashing it. When I saw that two people made the same observation, I though I better explain why the keypad is were it is.

There's nothing wrong with making an observation. (that's what I alway say)

Thanks guys for the kudos.

Hi, The Jaguar regular and pro controllers are adequate, however it seems like gaming would have an added dimension with a controller like this bad mutha :D :cool: :

post-9089-1177082718_thumb.jpg

not just because of size and arcade feel but the button placement seems good! I think this is/was Gunstar's?

P.S. Anyone have any info on this controller, name of it? who made it? can't remember was on JSII, but it's niiiice.

That was Gunstar's old controller. I bought it from him and then sold it for what I paid for it shortly after. I think on Ebay, maybe through JSII.