IGNORED

Rare Adult Title? Did Custers Revenge Get Recalled?

moycon

Hey All. I found an old cart at the flea market this past week-end. Most of the lable was gone but I know what the game is. I owned it once before... Custer's Revenge. If I'm remembering right this game was protested by some womens groups back in the day. And altho all these games were sold out from behind the counter. This one actually got pulled from a few places all together.

My question is this. Was the game redone and then re-released under a different name? I can't tell because the label has been ripped off... But it sure seems like the same game... If anyone has any info, such as the new name it was released under...or even if maybe this is just some cheap fake,as usual... It will be appreciated. Heres the cart:

moycon-26.jpg

And then heres the screenshot:

moycon-25.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by John Soper:

Hmm, Kinda of a Custer's meets Burgertime theme

Actually, much like the "shooter" and "platform" themes common in videogames, the above rarity is of the "Schlong in Balogna" genre which Mystique attempted to popularize back in the day. You can see this in much of their work as shown in a recent discovery I posted about not too long ago:

XMAN4.jpg

In all seriousness, the game was protested by 2 different groups. One of them was a woman's group who felt it was degrading to women. The other group was Native Americans who felt that they too were being exploited.

The end result of the publicy caused a frenzy of interest in people trying to obtain the cartridge to see what the fuss was all about. It was later removed because of the negative publicy that it produced.

I believe that the original company then sold the title to another company (I think it was Mystique that obtained it) and they also tried to release other titles that borrowed concepts from other games.

Again, stores were trying to avoid the controversy associated with selling such games and eventually they took them off their shelves and did not stock them.

I think adult themed games only lasted about a year before stores stop selling them and that is why they are giving a high rarity because of the limited number of copies.

• 9 months later...

HehHeh I'm browsing thru old stuff since no-one is one the boards. I had almost forgot this little gem. Figured I'd bump it for the new guys.

And hey look, Adrian M had something nice to say to me!! It was a Kodak moment.

ATARIPITBULL definately had the best cpmeback.

According to my source, those are actual screenshots from a real 2600!!! This must be another one of those rare unreleased prototypes. The cystal clear images, and seemingly impossible resolutions are due to the gold contact, anti-static ATI all in wonder pro card Moycon was using when he took pictures of the proto.

The pixelation of the ripped label is only due to his digital camera being in a not so well lit room... it really is ripped, I swear!!!

EBay it Moycon! May the pickels be with you!!