IGNORED

Jag Power Up Question & Yet Another PSU One Too

Atari Rescue Group

I've got a Jaguar that powers up and goes to the red screen (and the roar sound) when powering up with a cartridge in it, but any game I put in it doesn't work. I'm assuming something is wrong but am not sure what it is. What's wrong with it?

I read that the Genesis I power supply works on the Jaguar. I've got one that has Model # 1602-1 with a black tip on the end of the plug -- is it safe to use? I've got aother Jaguar and a Jaguar CD player that I want to test and sell, but only one Jaguar power supply -- and I don't want to kill either one.

The CD player worked OK with a cartridge as a pass-through (without a power supply). Does that mean it works ok?

Edited by Atari Rescue Group

I've got a Jaguar that powers up and goes to the red screen (and the roar sound) when powering up with a cartridge in it, but any game I put in it doesn't work. I'm assuming something is wrong but am not sure what it is. What's wrong with it?

I read that the Genesis I power supply works on the Jaguar. I've got one that has Model # 1602-1 with a black tip on the end of the plug -- is it safe to use? I've got aother Jaguar and a Jaguar CD player that I want to test and sell, but only one Jaguar power supply -- and I don't want to kill either one.

The CD player worked OK with a cartridge as a pass-through (without a power supply). Does that mean it works ok?

873883[/snapback]

My Jaguar does that all the time. The cartridge port is kinda picky in my opinion so the cartridge has to make pretty good contact with the port to work %100; other wise you get the red screen with "Jaguar" outlined in red and the roar sound.

The blowing on the contacts routine didn't work. I'll try the rubbing alcohol bit on the contacts next.

Oh, and I did try out that Genesis PSU I have on the Jaguar CD. The disk spins some when it starts up but then it stops and a question mark goes on over the disk that shows on the screen (tried it with a couple different Jaguar CD's.) What's this mean?

The disk spins some when it starts up but then it stops and a question mark goes on over the disk that shows on the screen (tried it with a couple different Jaguar CD's.) What's this mean?

874283[/snapback]

That is the same as the red screen without the CD attachment. Sounds like your jag cart slot might be dirty or the CD player isn't seated down all the way.

Mitch

Dang, still the intermittent spinning of the CD with no results on three decks! The non-working deck is still ill is as well.

Thanks all for your ideas.

874489[/snapback]

Be patient. I love the jaguar, but it can be a serious hassle when you want it to work right. Just keep on cleaning the contacts you should be able to get it to work eventually.

I have a couple of carts that are particularly picky. Or maybe: I have a couple of carts with which my Jag is particularly picky...

Sometimes I have to seat them five-six times before they live.

I also noticed that the thing works out better if I keep the cartridge close to the left end of the slot... this way it works almost immediately (but I keep forgetting of doing it, so I have to stick with the 5-times routine before I remember it :P )

Edited by Paolo