IGNORED

Flack's 2005 OVGE Pictoral Review

Flack

Howdy Flack,and hello atari age fourm posters. Ive been a long time lurker,I found out about OVGE threw this fourm. So I thought I'd come out of lurking to say I had a great time. It was my first year going, and hope to make it many more.

I did bring my camera however I felt shy,and thought it might be rude to just flash everybody with a camera. So sorry, I have no pictures to provide. :(

One thing I'd like to know. Does anyone know who was that artist selling his art and does he have a webpage? I really liked the art I bought off him and would like to see more.

And Flack I'd like to thank you for selling me the Mario brothers talking figures. Everyone has gotten a kick out of the "black" luigi. I'm sure they were going for the actor's latino skin tone but might of done a rush job. They are now displayed on my desk of video game junk. Here is a picture(hope this works).

post-7154-1119381037_thumb.jpg

Necro C.

Glad you came out and had a good time! That is what the show is really all about.

The artist who did the work: His name is Joshua Dunbar. The only contact I have for him is his email address, which I can provide if you ask in a private message. Many have wanted to contact him and it sounds like he did well at the show. I hope he is able to come back. But he is a student out of Georgia and the show just happen to run at a time when he was in town.

Howdy Flack,and hello atari age fourm posters. Ive been a long time lurker,I found out about OVGE threw this fourm. So I thought I'd come out of lurking to say I had a great time. It was my first year going, and hope to make it many more.

I did bring my camera however I felt shy,and thought it might be rude to just flash everybody with a camera. So sorry, I have no pictures to provide.  :(

One thing I'd like to know. Does anyone know who was that artist selling his art and does he have a webpage? I really liked the art I bought off him and would like to see more.

And Flack I'd like to thank you for selling me the Mario brothers talking figures. Everyone has gotten a kick out of the "black" luigi. I'm sure they were going for the actor's latino skin tone but might of done a rush job. They are now displayed on my desk of video game junk. Here is a picture(hope this works).

No need to feel shy -- you're among fellow nerds! ;)

You know, I always expect the regulars like Phosphor Dot Fossils and MegaManFans to come out to the shows, but I love it when the "long time lurkers" make it out. It's so cool to put a face to a fellow collector's alias, whether they have 2 posts or 2000.

When I originally saw that Luigi doll I had to have it ... it made me laugh so hard and I used to have them sitting side by side on my shelf. I would always make Mario say (in his normal, Italian voice) "It'sa me, Marrrrrio!" and then I'd make Luigi say (in a thick Hispanic accent) "Hey vato como esta pass the mush-roomy-rooms esse!". I decided to sell them when I had done the joke for everybody I knew at least three times and everyone had quit laughing.

Do you live here in Oklahoma? If so, the next time we have another gaming night at my place or a city-wide thrift store adventure, I'll send you a PM!

Edited by Flack

p1010014.jpg

Brad Prillwitz always has killer stuff to show off. This picture of these flat panel monitors don't really convey just how beautiful they are in real life! I played some two-player space game (I forgot the name of it) on the Jaguar on these babies and learned that in space, there is no mercy. After getting shot in the back several times, I moved on.

877130[/snapback]

This picture has Rayman on the right side, along with an arcade joystick controller, that I purchased from the Goat store. Several people liked the control, but commented that it should be in a bigger case. And the controllers got all over the Jagfest issue. I hope that everyone could see it!

The most popular Jaguar games were Tempest 2000(with the Rotary controller), Battlesphere/Gold(linked), Breakout 2000(lot of younger gamers were checking this one out!), ProtectorSE, Rayman, Spacewar 2000, and Skyhammer.

Flack, I'm not very good at playing Battlesphere either, because it's not the same playing solo. Also, I should have made some type of control display, so everyone would know how to play Battlesphere. Plenty of gamers got to try it out though!

:D

p1010015.jpg

You want retro? Check out Brad's Atari Lynx collection. There were also two Lynx's here, hooked together for some head to head action.

The Lynx collection was very popular this year! I was glad to see so many gamers interested in the Lynx. When they would get 2 games comlynxed together, casual gamers would find out how much fun a Lynx can be!

The only small problem was that I couldn't find anyone else at the show that had a 3rd, 4th, or more, Lynx for some real fun. Maybe this is something that should be planned either before, or after the show.

The most popular Lynx games were Warbirds, Slime World, Battlezone 2000, and Alpine games.

(someone put that plastic Batman bag on my Lynx T-Shirt, just as you took the picture, darn it :) )