IGNORED

OVGE finds and scores!

Trade-N-Games

I am not sure if this was the right place to post but I wanted to let everyone know there was alot of great stuff to be found at the show, I was able to find some great stuff for myself. A few of the things I was glad to get was a Sears math gatefold box and Sears spelling. Then I found a mint Tapper boxed. And I am not sure how hard this is to find but it must be alot harder than I thought but this was the first time I have ever found a grip case MAD game by US games. I got all the new 2600 homebrews and got a few Nintendo NES games for my growing collection. I also got a bed set of sheets with nintendo and mario all over them.

So what did everyone find?

post-1807-1119393271_thumb.jpg

I have a rule on buying stuff at OVGE: don't buy stuff until you sell stuff. This is how Albert winds up with me buying stuff from the AA table over the course of 3 or 4 visits in a single day! From AA, I picked up Starfire and Go Fish! I'm a huge Shark Shark! fan, so mere seconds after playing Go Fish! over at the tournament table, I was the proud owner of a cartridge. :D Or, as it's known around my house no matter what platform it's on, "the fishy game."

Picked up Galaxian and Star Trek for the Colecovision from Jeff Cooper's table - those two have been on my to-get list for ages. From the MegaManFanFamily, I grabbed a 2600 Spiderman cart. Atari 8-bit Pac-Man and Donkey Kong from icbrkr (can you believe I actually didn't have those?), boxed 2600 Pac-Man and Defender from Vintage Stock, and a few other things too. I ogled a boxed The Earth Dies Screaming! at the Trade-N-Games table, and maybe drooled a bit too, but decided to wait - that's one where I'd be happy to just have a loose cart just to play it. It's another one high on my to-get list.

And of course, my wife's still after me to pick up the Star Wars coin-op. Yeah, just a few minor purchases. :lol:

I got A few NES games. I'm not much of an atari fan *ducks*

For games:

I got Rygar,I really loved the PS2 game and really wanted it on NES. Wildgun Gunman,I love gun games. I got tetris for my sister. I'm really pcky about paying more than $3 for NES carts and the GameXChange thats up the street wants $6 for it. And Excitebike,its a simple classic. I own the E-cards and have it on animal crossing but I'm sure you guys know why you must own it for the original console.

Other stuff:

I got a talking Mario and Luigi dolls from the Movie. Sure the movie sucked but its just a great way to own a peice of video game history. I also got how to Win at nintendo games book 1 revised. I want to get the whole set and am close. I just need the second book. I also got this Sonic thurmas for my coffe,it's not big but I dont it that much. I also bought some art from Joshua Dunbar. I got the mario threw the years and he was nice enough to give me the Link picture for free. :D

I didnt grab a whole lot because I got a tip that some guy at the flea market sells Sega CD systems and I've always wanted one. But next year, look out NES dealers.

post-7154-1119400534_thumb.jpg

I got a talking Mario and Luigi dolls from the Movie. Sure the movie sucked but its just a great way to own a peice of video game history. I also got how to Win at nintendo games book 1 revised. I want to get the whole set and am close. I just need the second book. I also got this Sonic thurmas for my coffe,it's not big but I dont it that much.

That stuff all came from my table! You're lucky you got the Mario/Luigi dolls, Icbrkr's wife wanted them and if they didn't sell I was going to donate it to their cause.

Time to finally show what I manage to grab this year...

As you all know, I don't usually get a change to even look around the show that I host. It was pretty much the same for me this year. So what I managed to get was either before the show really started, or as were tearing down.

First are the carts..

The Go Fish! and Astro Invader games were the only homebrews I picked up so far for this year. I grabbed them as AtariAge was already packing up their van!

As for the others, well the Blaster was one of 2 I had made for the show this year. One was given away with a 5200 setup and the other I had made for me. I also had my 5200 Blaster in my 5200 at the show and running most of the time.

The Crazy Climber was part of a payment to me for fixing up a large box full of 5200 controllers, and ColecoVision controllers. Guess my work was decent to get me a very decent Crazy Climber out of it?!

The last cart is very special. For those that might recognize it, it is what it looks like. Far as I know, this is Curt Vendel's last 7800 high score cart. It is in a combat case as it never got a real label applied to it. In fact, it is a 1.0 version cart which I think was the first release version? Still, this was a very special suprise as I really only wanted to "borrow" one for the 7800 tourney. Instead I was told to keep it. Curt you really are a great guy, and I am very sorry that you weren't able to attend the OVGE in person. Perhaps next year?

Now, those carts weren't the only thing I picked up this year at the OVGE. Many inquired about it, and some even offered more money. But in the end my mother and my wife both pitched in and worked out a deal for me to have this:

If you wondered what happened to that wonderful Dreamcast Kiosk that was sitting behind Amalia of The Battlefield, then wonder no more. I picked it up Sunday afternoon and brought it to its new home. As a result, you can be sure that this lovely tower of Sega's last bit of power, will make routine appearances to future OVGE shows. It is also a very welcomed addition to the Ivory Tower Collection.

Oh, one more pic of the Kiosk and my boys watching the tutorial for Aero Wings:

:D

Oooh, you were the lucky one to take that Dreamcast kiosk home! Very nice, I admired it about a zillion times during the day.

I managed to buy a Vectrex, probably paid a little too much for it, but I've wanted one for a very long time, so I was willing to shell out for it.

I also bought VCS Kool-Aid Man & Flash Gordon from MegaManFan and I bought a huge handfull of those classic game buttons from the AtariAge table.

-S

Lets see...picked up Warring Worms, 5200 Super Pac-Man and Jr. Pac Man, and Millipede, as well as some of the classic game buttons form AA. I wanted to get more, but then what would I buy throughout the year from Albert? I like to pick up a new homebrew every 3 months or so.

Also picked up 2600 Mr. Do and a couple of other rarity 5-ish carts that had been on my list.

Truthfully...I could have spent a fortune at OVGE. That's why I brought the wife along...to curb my relentless spending!

Edited by Lord Helmet

That's why I brought the wife along...to curb my relentless spending!

878865[/snapback]

My wife had something else she had to do that day so I was unsupervised. Not something that can be easy on the wallet at show of this kind. :)

-S

If you wondered what happened to that wonderful Dreamcast Kiosk that was sitting behind Amalia of The Battlefield, then wonder no more. I picked it up Sunday afternoon and brought it to its new home. As a result, you can be sure that this lovely tower of Sega's last bit of power, will make routine appearances to future OVGE shows. It is also a very welcomed addition to the Ivory Tower Collection.

878708[/snapback]

I have that same kiosk - it's awesome! Since the Dreamcast is so good at emulating other stuff, it's like having a mini arcade standup. I got mine after 6 months of pestering the people at CompUSA. It had been turned off for a year, the console was actually broken, and they didn't even sell games for the system anymore. Yet they couldn't get rid of it.

I called Sega, the company that made and delivered the kiosks, CompUSA headquarters, and several other parties - each claimed that it was the others' responsibility. Finally they relented and said I could come pick it up. Once there there was an employee who thought he was a real hotshot and wasn't going to let me have it. He wanted a bribe basically, like $250. That might be a good price, but I wasn't ready for that - especially after months of being told I'd be able to take it if I followed the right channels.

I talked him out of the bribe by appealing to his good side (I was surprised that he had one) saying that he didn't want to be an opportunistic jerk (I used different words). I did give him $25 in the end saying that perhaps he could be a big hero at work by buying the rest of his buddies there a pizza.

Anyway, it's in storage now until I can find a place for it. Weird thing is that my girlfriend liked it and misses having it around. We have a DC console set up of course, but I guess its friendly shape made it seem like really cool furniture or something. :)

Really nice of your mom and wife to score this for you. Hope that they managed a good price as these do have a bit of value. :) Also nice to see that you performed the "remove the damned lock" mod. I put in some velcro to keep the thing together.

Let's see.... what did I pick up......

Armor..Attack and Clean Sweep for the Vectrex

A Sega Saturn ST-Key (region adapter cartridge) with 4 Japanese games: Sega Worldwide Soccer '98, Konami MSX Collection (nice!), Golden Axe-The Duel, and Shin Shinobi Den (Shinobi with digitized graphics and tons of cheesy video clips), and I got the whole package all for $19.99!

Wild Woody for the Sega CD

Beef Drop for the Atari 800

Countermeasure, Miner 2049'er, Rescue on Fractalus, and Congo Bongo for the Atari 5200

Sewer Sam, Ice Trek, and Atlantis for the Intellivision

Space Panic and Space Fury for the Colecovision

Crossbow, Go Fish, and Skeleton + for the Atari 2600

I also bought a Pong unit about half an hour before the show, at a church sale along my route. And Brian Green (Icebreaker) gave me a couple boxes of TI Home Computer data cassettes, too. :thumbsup:

I'd really hoped to buy a copy of Protector for the Jaguar, but someone bought Atari Age's last copy online right before the show, so Albert didn't have one at the Atari Age table for me. :sad:

This may sound odd, but my one dissapointment at the OVGE was that I sold more than I bought. I felt weird walking away with more money than I came with. Nevertheless I picked up all of the new AA homebrews, bought a bunch of instruction manuals at Trade-N-Games table along with a boxed 2010 and an empty Coleco Bump'n'Jump box, bought Saga Frontier II (import) from the Game X-Change people, bought an old school electronic arcade pinball from Lynda, and some miscellaneous NES games from various vendors. I actually bought more stuff at the local Vintage Stock and Game X-Change down the road from the Marriott the day after the show was over. I dropped all the money I made at the con on 25 NES games, 3 Mega Drive games, a half dozen DVD's (mostly anime), some WWF trading cards (still sealed in the packs), two Gameboy Games (Heiankyo Alien and Wordtris), two Game Gear games, and a couple of rare Megadeth CD's that were $10 each but well worth the dough. I PRAAAAAAACTICE, FIVE MAAAAAAAAAGICS. A good trip all in all.