IGNORED

Dual ANTIC upgrade?

Gunstar

How about if someone 'locates' the orig. coder/s, and allows wrathchild or heaven tqa to do a release version or a 'hack job' or anyone on this forum that hard codes 6502 and understands HIP graphics programming

I know the programmer personally, even talked to him a few days ago... He has no time for anything Atari at the moment.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

pink, it's far more simple...

even scanlines = gr.9

odd scanlines = gr.11

so...16 colours (gr.11)*16 shades = 256 colours...without interlacing esp. on PAL machines your eye can not distingish between these 2 scanlines and will mix it up...

885585[/snapback]

That is so cool ...

So someone did come up with a good use for the Atari's poor video output! :D

And then a few "view" and "paint" programs came out after Techniclor, especially in the shareware/PD realm, that took advantage of this technique and also doing full screen interlacing to get double the vertical resolution at the expense of some flickering, which looks a bit worse on a PAL than on NTSC due to the already lower scan rate of 50hz. But it's still brillaint looking stuff. I remember looking at demo disk picture shows or "slide shows" of great artwork, mostly from the U.K. and Europe, I believe. Unfortunately I lost all those disks years ago now, and am in the process of re-aquiring some of them, with some help from some good guys here. It also looks like B&C may carry many of the very disks&programs I'm speaking of in their PD library.

885596[/snapback]

Not wishing to Nitpick but, technicolor dream wasn't PD/shareware...it was a commercial release by red rat, I still have mine on orig. cassette format, it was the first paint programme to be released on cassette, can't remember if it was ever done on disk... demo piccies were 'ok' i suppose, nothing blinding compared to some of those euro demo's that i've seen

does anyone know why homesoft ditched the demo section of their (orig) atari 8bit software site, i only have demo disks upto 9x

Does anyone have a full version on ATR format of 'Mr Proper', it looked a good game and one of the very few that used the HIP graphics format... I believe it was one of these euro games (it's a bugger that no one in UK has come up with anything near as good... Come on Wrathchild, wer'e relying on you to take up the challenge)

885623[/snapback]

Not to nitpick, but I said absolutely nothing at all about Technicolor dreams being PD or shareware in any way shape or form. I mentioned that stuff BESIDES it was released later in that form. :roll: