IGNORED

Does anyone have the complete collection

masschamber

I was wondering if anyone has every US game released for the 2600 , not every label variation and obscur difference just one copy of every games.

I mean it's unlikely as only about what? 20 people could possibly have it due to the number of copies of video life that exist

879164[/snapback]

Hmmm...I'd like to be known as people #6. :P ;)

:D

I was wondering if anyone has every US game released for the 2600 , not every label variation and obscur difference just one copy of every games.

I mean it's unlikely as only about what? 20 people could possibly have it due to the number of copies of video life that exist

879164[/snapback]

Hmmm...I'd like to be known as people #6. :P ;)

879166[/snapback]

It doesn't count until you get last box. :P

Yes, I have 3 copies of every game that was ever made for the Atari VCS: one loose, one boxed and one sealed. ;-)

Actually, I'm still missing 3 rarity 9 games and 6 rarity 10 (7 if you count Air Raid) games for a complete NTSC US collection including significant label variations, some Homevision, Rainbowvision and ITT Games for PAL and who knows how many South American carts for a complete loose collection. :grin:

It doesn't count until you get last box.  :P

879179[/snapback]

:razz: ......I do have this box! ;)

I'm afraid that the original box from my Video Life is no more... :sad: . But my cart & manual are almost mint! :cool:

post-4982-1119491059_thumb.jpg

Just for the record. There are 912 Atari 2600 games released for the US market. A quick and dirty calculation with Excel determined that out of these 912, approximately 653 are UNIQUE. Unique means no label variation, box variation, or company variation. Note that some of these unique games are prototypes or homebrews.

Edited by Hendra

Id be really interested to see a 'at retail' list of 2600 games, I one day hope to have every normal released at retail 2600 game (though all I need is one loose beatenup copy that works to make me happy.) I think I'm well over 500 unique titles, so I wonder how close I am... (though some of those are pal only titles...) Probably close to 600 counting homebrews...

I know a couple of people here that may have all of 'em or are close. I'll let them post for themselves. Or not.

I'm missing Ultravision Karate, Air Raid and Sword of Saros (the latter probably coming to me.) If you exclude the first two, there are probably several people here with complete collections. Ultravision Karate could well have been a pirate for NTSC markets. Air Raid is ???? of a ???? hard to get ????.

If you add in unique PAL stuff, that's getting much tougher. Those Homevision games are next to impossible to get these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking from personal experience, the more cartridges you have the harder and harder it gets to find something new. The rarest cartridges are very expensive and are unlikely to be found in the wild. With that said, I have found more than one Waterworld, a Crazy Climber, 2 Chase the Chuckwagons and many other rarities over the years.