IGNORED

Favorite Mortal Kombat Game?

What Is Your Favorite Mortal Kombat Game?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favorite Mortal Kombat Game?

• Mortal Kombat
    • Mortal Kombat II
    • Mortal Kombat 3
    • Mortal Kombat Gold/Ultimate
    • Mortal Kombat 4
    • Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
    • Mortal Kombat: Deception

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Mortal Kombat overall is an overrated series. I haven't played the two new games, so I can't really vouch for them, for all I know they may be great, but the old ones are really shallow.

Well, I finally bought MK: Deception, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. Pretty much all of my complaints about the series are remedied in this one (well, likely they were remedies in Deadly Alliance, but I haven't played that one, so I'm not sure where they were changed). Since each character has their own style (or rather THREE styles of their own!), they actually get some personality. The chain combos are more impressive (especially the style brancing ones), and being able to break them makes them a LOT less annoying. Although the game still doesn't take itself entirely seriously all the time, and least they ditched a lot of the silly crap (But why on earth is Ermac still around? Sheesh, he was basically a joke character in the first place). Stage specific fatality motions are gone, thankfully (seriously, they expect us to remember a whole new fatality just for a specific stage? The pit fatality should have always been just an uppercut). The AI is also a lot less frustrating... it's still difficult, but at least it's tactics are more skillful rather than just constant throws and footsweeps.

The chess and puzzle modes are kinda cheesy, but a neat diversion... konquest mode is a nice addition, but got kind of lame at times (lots of "invisible walls", extremely simple sidequests and so on). If Konquest was given more depth, I could easily see future Mortal Kombat games making Konquest the main game and the actual fighting just a sideshow. It certainly beats Soul Calibur's mission battle mode.

--Zero

Deception's got to be my next favorite. Very, very impressive.

I blazed through Konquest mode in about three days... ...mainly because of one goddamned combo when training with Sub Zero! I managed to get most of them the first try, but Jesus! There was this one that was just killing me!

I unlocked Raiden... ...and almost cried. Why? Why Ed Boon? Ehy did you change Raiden so much?

Ze_ro: In Deadly Alliance, each character has three styles as well. However, something about Deadly Alliance just didn't seem right to me. Eaisly the worst MK game. Deception blows it away, no contest at all.

This is a real toughy for me. I voted for MK2, but for me it's just about a dead tie between MK1 and MK2. The only reason I like MK2 better is it's more ambitious. It's got more characters, it's got more moves, it's got better graphics. But to me, anyway, it still feels like MK1. None of the other MK games do to me. And thats why the first two were the only two that I really ever got into.

"Mortal Kombat 2" for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System was my favorite of that particular series. Control and graphics were spot on. One of the best fighting games ever right up there with "Street Fighter II Turbo" and "Ultra Vortek". :D

Best Regards,

Doug

Now currently playing "BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL" for the Atari Jaguar Console.