IGNORED

3D Tic Tac Toe Prototype, real or not?

MattyXB

Yeah I was looking at that. The label just doesn't look right to me. Also, most of the very early prototypes (such as 3D Tic-Tac-Toe) looked like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=1335372087

They had a blank "Game Program" label, and had a large square sticker with the game name on it. That 3DTTT label looks fake to me.

Tempest

Looks mighty suspicious to me too. That is such an odd color of black like the toner on his printer wasn't good enough to print true black. But it could be the scan as well. I also agree with the fact that the corners look suspicious, like they were hand cut withan xacto knife. I know how hard it is do this it always comes out a bit straight edged. Also he seems mighty certain the game will go up to $50 bucks when he "doesn't know what he has." Sounds strange to me. I would avoid this. I could do a better job of ripping someone off. Maybe I should try it, and not actually finalize the deal, just to see if I could do it. Maybe I could have a contest to see if someone on atariage could spot it. HMMMMMM! Of course I wouldn't let it get out into the public hands and rip someone off. That would suck and I wouldn't want someone doing that to me. hmmm, anyway. This looks fishy.

Label doesn't look legit, the color is off and looks just too clean and new, also look at the corners, you have to look closely, but they don't look production press cut, but more like someone with a razor hand cut the curves on the corners.... the round labels are also an oddity too, just doesn't look or feel right IMHO...

Curt

The Atari History Museum

I am also somewhat suspicious of this auction. It looks like the label was printed on a laser printer, as you can see by the edges of the label that it was printed on some type of white material (my guess: paper!) Lab Loaner carts that I have seen have a label that is generally black along the edges. This is a pretty clear indication to me that this is not a real lab loaner label and that the label was probably cut with scissors. Also, if you look at a real lab loaner cart, the spacing of the characters is all wrong and the text "PROTOTYPE LAB, CONSUMER DIVISION, SOFTWARE DEPT." isn't centered the same way (it's off-center on this 3D Tic-Tac-Toe auction). Also, the corners aren't quite as rounded, and the ones in the auction look rather sloppy (as has already been pointed out). Color me skeptical.

..Al