IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 25: Solar Storm

Ze_ro

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that 5th Ghost is either a. Todd Rodgers or a clone thereof, or b. a robot.

Incredible scores! :D :D :D :D

Finally broke 5K!

Seems my planet overheats long before I run out of ships most of the time. :sad:

Edited by StanJr

Another small step:

Nope, I'm not Todd Rogers! LOL

If Todd reads this, I know he'll get a good laugh :D Just think though, if Todd were here, what kind of scores would we be seeing? But, if you can crack 5 thousand Stanjr, I know you can push your scores up there with me :)

Anyway, to prove that I am not Todd, or a robot for that matter, here's ME! (I'm finally using my digital camera that I've had since March. Notice all the pix :cool: )

post-2095-1120711923_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 5th ghost

Well...

The score rolls after 9,990 :D

I didn't bother with a picture because the score only shows 20. My official score was 10,020.

But, something strange happened which enabled me to roll the score. Here's what happened:

I was jamming along, but holding on for dear life. The heat meter was maxxed out, so it was a matter of time till the planet would explode, but I was approaching 9,000 points for the first time. Somehow, I managed to keep it going and crossed the 9,000 point barrier for the first time! I made it to the bonus stage and prayed that I could hold out till I passed 9,500 and get another chance at the bonus stage.

Well, I did it. But, during the next bonus stage (after surpassing 9,500 points), after the time expired, instead of returning back to the planet, the timer kept resetting! It would count down the 10 seconds, I'd shoot as many ships as I could, then I would get another 10 seconds, and more ships to shoot, and so on, until my score rolled.

But, after I rolled the score, when the timer ran out again, then it took me back to the planet stage where I quickly died.

This must have something to do with the programming. I certainly didn't expect what happened! :cool:

I suck at this game... but I have a lot of fun to play with it :D

Good choice Malc74 :thumbsup:

Oooohhhhhh... it's time to go to bed. :sleep:

Goodnight everybody and please stop to make incredible scores, it's very frustating for normal human beeing :D :D :D !

post-27-1120770149_thumb.jpg

Edited by khryssun

Well...

The score rolls after 9,990  :D

I didn't bother with a picture because the score only shows 20. My official score was 10,020.

But, something strange happened which enabled me to roll the score. Here's what happened:

I was jamming along, but holding on for dear life. The heat meter was maxxed out, so it was a matter of time till the planet would explode, but I was approaching 9,000 points for the first time. Somehow, I managed to keep it going and crossed the 9,000 point barrier for the first time! I made it to the bonus stage and prayed that I could hold out till I passed 9,500 and get another chance at the bonus stage.

Well, I did it. But, during the next bonus stage (after surpassing 9,500 points), after the time expired, instead of returning back to the planet, the timer kept resetting! It would count down the 10 seconds, I'd shoot as many ships as I could, then I would get another 10 seconds, and more ships to shoot, and so on, until my score rolled.

But, after I rolled the score, when the timer ran out again, then it took me back to the planet stage where I quickly died.

This must have something to do with the programming. I certainly didn't expect what happened! :cool:

887378[/snapback]

wow, again. Excellent work!

Yeah, I've known about that "double counter" glitch for awhile. I figured everyone knew. It seems to happen to me quite a bit, especially if I am shooting a bunch at the time of screen switch (although that may be a coincidence). Its a good way to gain a few extra lives.

wow, again.  Excellent work!

Yeah, I've known about that "double counter" glitch for awhile.  I figured everyone knew.  It seems to happen to me quite a bit, especially if I am shooting a bunch at the time of screen switch (although that may be a coincidence).  Its a good way to gain a few extra lives.

887909[/snapback]

No, this is something different.

You can get a double bonus screen if you either: cross a 500 point block twice in one round, or surpass the next 500 points during the bonus stage. Ive done this several times, it is not a glitch, and is mentioned in the manual.

What happened to me last night after 9,500 points was completely different. The bonus stage kept cycling through continuously. Also, each time the bonus stage repeated, the screen would flash. I thought I broke the game! :D It repeated at least 10 times (I wasn't counting) until my score rolled past 10,000. Once my score was back to zero, the game resumed normally.

oh, that is different.  Odd.  Have you tried rolling it again, to see if its a glitch related to the rolling of the score?

887941[/snapback]

I'll give it another try tonite. I think you're right though. My theory is that the score can only roll on the bonus screen, not during the other screen for some reason. That's why it forces you to roll the score during the bonus stage. But I don't know anything about its game programming, just a theory :)

Ok,

I rolled it again, and the same thing happened. Once I passed the 9,500 plateau, when I got the bonus stage, it repeated until I rolled the score.

What was interesting though, was that after I resumed play, I was no longer given the bonus round, in spite of scoring 500 points. My final score was 10,930.

Perhaps you have to score 1,000 points to get the bonus round after rolling?

odd.  But nice research, hopefully I'll be able to confirm you findings in the next day or so!

888355[/snapback]

Good luck!

I've done it four times now and the same thing happens. I cracked 11,000 twice but at that point, with no chance to gain extra lives and the temperature nearly maxxed, it's difficult to go on much further after the rollover point.

I can imagine.

I have hit a snag, a big one. My paddle doesn't register the full turn. Physically, I can turn the paddle as far to the right as possible, but it does not register the full turn in the game. For instance, on the bonus screen, I can rotate my gun around the planet from the upper left corner to the lower right, but it will not go all the way to the lower left. This makes the acquisition of extra lives nearly impossible.

Is there any help for this? Will cleaning help? Or am I screwed? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I can imagine.

I have hit a snag, a big one.  My paddle doesn't register the full turn.  Physically, I can turn the paddle as far to the right as possible, but it does not register the full turn in the game.  For instance, on the bonus screen, I can rotate my gun around the planet from the upper left corner to the lower right, but it will not go all the way to the lower left.  This makes the acquisition of extra lives nearly impossible.

Is there any help for this?  Will cleaning help?  Or am I screwed? :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

888542[/snapback]

Cleaning may help. I've used electrical contact cleaner spray in the past with success. Or, you can try switching the pots with the player 2 paddle.

Ok,

I played again to test my theory on the post-rollover absense of the bonus stage. Basically, my theory was that if it took, say, 6 repeated bonus stages to clear 10K, then you would have to make up 3,000 points up afterward, before getting the bonus stage again.

Well, I think my theory is correct. This time, I was able to roll the score on the first bonus stage, which gave me a second bonus stage for clearing 10K, then it was back to the action. After scoring another 500 points this time, I got the bonus stage :cool: