IGNORED

Beagle Bros update

vwyob

Ok this goes out to all you guys who have been enquiring about these carts. Over the last 3 days i have been talking with Randy Brandt(ex-progammer for Beagle Bros) who thinks that the carts are faked as there is no connection at all between atari and Beagle Bros.

This is a small extract from his last email... :

"The amount of staff at

Beagle Bros in the early 80s was Bert & Sharon (owners), a secretary or

two, a couple of tech support personnel, and 4 or 5 independent programmers

like me who came into the office on Fridays for lunch.

We NEVER used "BROTHERS" or "Bros."; it was legally "Beagle Bros" and

always appeared that way. There were some Asian pirates that went to

great effort, and sometimes bundled multiple Beagle products in a bag

and sold them for a few dollars. That may have been the source of a

setup like this. They decided the Beagle name was hot, and cashed in

that way."

I can accept this but am looking deeper to find out who would rebadge these games. It does seem odd to me that if these games are from Asian software pirates then they would only be in very small numbers, so how is it 2 of them have come to the uk?

Another theory put forward by a uk collector is that the whole Beagle Bros/Atari cart thing is fake and started by collector to make money. But if that was the case, again why are there 2 over here in the uk? Unless of course these are fakes of fakes !!

THE MIND BOGGLES MY FRIENDS !!! Its getting more and more interesting.

I have taken the carts to a printers in my area to see if the fonts and way the labels were printed are '80s or recent. I know i'm clutching at straws a bit but this thing has bitten me in the ass and i need to know. Thanks for all the mails !!! Rest assured i'll keep you updated when more news comes to light.

Meanwhile...enjoy your day

Thanks for the update, as you learn more we'll have to update our Beagle Brothers entry to reflect reality, in that these games were not officially produced by "Beagle Bros". If you're able to determine roughly when the labels were printed, that would probably help point towards pirates in the 80s or an enterprising scammer in the 90s.

I look forward to hearing more as you progress in your investigation, as well as seeing pictures of these games once you find a means of scanning them.

..Al