IGNORED

I think this man is confused... (ya right!)

txsizzler

This guy takes people for fools... look at his first auction, and read how he cannot find the AC adaptor connector on this Atari 5200...

CLICK HERE

Now, in his very next auction, he has another Atari 5200.. this one being far more complete, TESTED W/THE AC ADAPTER, and with most everything working!

CLICK HERE

I think what this guy is doing, is selling a non-working 5200 in his first auction, and is playing dumb by saying he doesn't understand how you would connect an AC adapter to it, thus he cannot test it. <sniff> <sniff>.. do I smell a SCAM?! :x

I am not an 5200 expert either, but I believe that the AC port is probably the same on both units... he could have tested the first unit with the second units AC Adapter... I believe he is definately trying to decieve.

Actually, on the four port model, you have to have the switchbox to plug the power adapter into.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Brad

This guy takes people for fools... look at his first auction, and read how he cannot find the AC adaptor connector on this Atari 5200...

CLICK HERE

Now, in his very next auction, he has another Atari 5200.. this one being far more complete, TESTED W/THE AC ADAPTER, and with most everything working!

CLICK HERE

I think what this guy is doing, is selling a non-working 5200 in his first auction, and is playing dumb by saying he doesn't understand how you would connect an AC adapter to it, thus he cannot test it. <sniff> <sniff>.. do I smell a SCAM?!  :x

886698[/snapback]

Yep.  The 4-port 5200s have a completely proprietary RF/AC system.  The AC actually plugs into the switchbox on the 4 port models, and the switchboxes aren't too easy to find.

886731[/snapback]

Wow.. I did not know that. Seems like Atari shot themselves in the foot making it proprietary with it then. Anyhow, thanks for the info. :cool:

Wow.. I did not know that. Seems like Atari shot themselves in the foot making it proprietary with it then. Anyhow, thanks for the info.  :cool:

886849[/snapback]

Yep -- that's why they went more standardized on the 2-port. It eliminated the need for that klunky switchbox altogether, not to mention the RF port itself could once again become just a regular RF port instead of having to route off power as well.

Pretty silly design really, but I guess Atari had a brief Apple moment where they thought they could make more money if people couldn't buy third party replacement parts. :-P

Dude that looks sweet. So no atari 5200 had the ac built in?

887001[/snapback]

The 2-port used the same AC adapter but had a proper AC and RF port on the unit (as opposed to building it into the RF switchbox and having a combined RF/AC port on the unit).

DD's mod basically splits out the AC like it is on the 2-port, and adds some nice A/V and S-Video ports. :-)