IGNORED

New guy says this site is the best, and thanks.

mikebossy

First let me say thank you to all the forumers who helped me with info and contacts and ideas to get back into Atari. I am officially back up and running after a 15 year layoff, and it feels good. Playing my first game of space invaders after 15 years, made me smile for an hour. I only have a few games, but hopefully I will pick up some more real soon and then the fun will really begin. Thanks for everbody sharing their knowledge, I have learned a lot in the last month lurking on the board and picking up the info I needed to know. You guys and girls are by far the most knowledgable people about Atari on the web and this site and board are the absolute best. The atmosphere here is wonderful, you all seem to be friends and always willing to help each other out. That warms my heart. I am glad I found this site and thanks again for all your help.

Yeah, I love this messageboard. The best in the world. Of course, Atari is the best system ever created by mankind. And if your interested in some Texas Instruments or Odyssey 2 games let me know. I've got a mound of them at the thrift store. Cheap, real cheap.

Really makes no big diff far as I can tell. If you want to jump right in and start playing, StellaX is the simplest. I toggle between that and PCAE, which is better, I think.

A LOT of people here use the z26 cause the programmer keeps updating it and stuff and I think other programmers know how to work its voodoo really well.

I say try them all, they take very little space. See which one fits.

Variety Stan

Im so glad i got a cuttlecart, as i cant stand to play games on my computer anymore, i used Z26 and stellaX a few times, but with no joystick its hard to get into the games, thats why i went to the cuttle cart, but as my computer is broke i have to play with the actual carts for the time being which is really really fun

As far as making your own hacks, you can use 2600gfx, halfway down this page... http://www.atarihq.com/danb/a2600.html

Showgfx creates a text file that displays the code & sprite pixels as X's, that you can edit to create your own sprites.

Editgfx changes the text file into a rom that the emulator or Supercharger can load.

I am glad you like it here and take it from me, start slow with the buying and don't over spend. My first year of collecting ended up costing me about $1100, so now I just bid on 2 to 3 items a month or if there is a rare item that I want I will buy it and make that my only item of the month.