IGNORED

My latest find! - 5200 CIB -

Ferris

Hey guys -

Just won the most BEAUTIFUL 5200 I've ever seen on ebay.... it really looks like it just came from the factory. I've had pretty good luck finding mint CIB 2600's and 7800's in the past but for some reason the 5200 has always eluded me. It's a gorgeous system (even though its big i still love it) it was the first home Atari system to introduce the new Bang & Olufsen inspired "metal strip" design... there's just so much to love about this system I could go on and on. I'm sure I overpaid a bit on this one but it's worth it to me and I accepted that before I bought it.

I plan on having Regan Cheng, the 5200's designer, sign the system before I sink it away into my collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

*sigh* I'm in love! :lust:

Justin

post-4261-1120697244_thumb.jpg

That is indeed a beautiful thing and I'm not even a 5200 collector. I wouldn't have paid that much for it but I think it will be hard to put a value on something like this in the years to come. And if I had the extra money I would have bought it too.

Travis

Welcome to the *exclusive* club of lovers of the "big sexy"...she's a gorgeous machine, no? I got mine in a private sale..bought it for $30.00 with three games and two controllers that didn't work. Well, I have a working controller now, have picked up a few games since then, and it sits proudly, dwarfing the small TV I have exclusively for HER....

Yeah, feel the love..she's a beauty!

Steve :D

That looks great. The 5200 tends to have bad controllers and the shiny surface gets scratched easily, so a mint condition one is a rarity and yours look top-notch! That's the long box also I believe - it really captures how big the 5200 is.

Edited by RangerG

Dang, and I thought mine was in good shape. Your console and controllers are about the same as mine but your packaging is mint too - that's really rare to find. (Of course, you did pay $290 more than I did!)

Oh, I think you also got one of the early ones with the smooth, shiny plastic on the top and bottom. Most 5200's have textured plastic in those areas (click my sig to see an example).

My advice is to never touch those controllers. Unless you want to mod them, which some people do, to make them tougher. I prefer to keep mine stock, though; I don't like modding classic stuff. Get a set of the Wico sticks and if you must use the keypads, make sure to get the Y adapters with them. You can pretty safely use the 5200 controller keypad, just not the stick or the fire buttons.

Also, do not remove the plastic cover from either the system or the controllers - I'm assuming yours still has this (mine does, and yours is in even better shape than mine is). That way you'll keep the metal pristine.

Edited by spacecadet

That's awesome. If I won that it would go in a glass case with some other stuff.

890327[/snapback]

That's exactly what I'm going to do! I'll post some more pics once it arrives. *excited*