IGNORED

The Last Starfighter music

Raiu

Sort of an odd question as my first post here.

Does anyone know who the music programmer for the Last Starfighter game was? More specifically, did he also work on the G.I. Joe game for the Commodore 64?

I ask because the music from the intro screen of The Last Starfighter is identical to the music from the map screen of G.I. Joe, and I'm kinda curious how music from an unreleased Atari prototype wound up in an Epyx computer game. :)

-DS-

Sort of an odd question as my first post here.

Does anyone know who the music programmer for the Last Starfighter game was?  More specifically, did he also work on the G.I. Joe game for the Commodore 64?

I ask because the music from the intro screen of The Last Starfighter is identical to the music from the map screen of G.I. Joe, and I'm kinda curious how music from an unreleased Atari prototype wound up in an Epyx computer game. :)

-DS-

889316[/snapback]

The programmers names can be found here...

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/tlsf/tlsf.htm

The giant list of classic videogame programmers has no further information, unfortunately.

http://www.dadgum.com/giantlist/list.html

The Atari Protos page says that Robert Vieira worked on the sound, but I can't find anything indicating that Robert Vieira ever worked for Epyx. Also, just because he programmed the sound doesn't necessarily mean he composed the music. It's a start, though. :)

-DS-

Robert did in fact work for Epyx after Atari. He reused the music from the Last starfighter in the GI Joe game. He did that because Atari told him that game was canceled and he didn't want the music to go to waste. There is another tune he used in Gremlins that was also used in another game. Can you name it?