IGNORED

This weeks most painfull game

Fretwobbler

A couple of weeks ago I was throwing joysticks at the TV becuase Moon Patrol was p1ssing me off, this week its Venture.

I just cant get through the first four rooms. No matter what order I try them in one of the little blighters always kills me in the 3rd or 4th room I try . Not enjoyable.

Painfull, very painfull game......but I keep going back for some sadistic reason, a quality you rarely see these days with games you dont enjoy

Adam

There's one thing I've learned about life that's come to annoy me over the years.

Up to about the age of, say, 18 to 20, you spend your life developing reflexes and hand/eye coordination. As such, you're pretty damn good at video games.

Then you get older. Your reflexes decide they need to start winding down. Your hand/eye coordination starts causing you more and more often to try shoving food into your nostrils. Consequently, you begin to suck at video games.

I swear, I used to rack up high scores on my VCS back in the day. I used to regularily put my initials on arcade games. Now I can't even rank -- on the same damn games. *sigh*

Age sucks.

I hate Jr. Pac-man, its so hard to get off the first maze without losing a life.

As for Venture, Snider's Venture II is much harder. I go counter-clockwise bottom left to bottom right. Remember that the monsters always move faster and more agile than you. In the hall, you have all the time in the world, wait until the monsters are out of your way. In the rooms, screw that get treasure first then shoot. Just shoot them out of the way and get the booty. You'll live longer to score more points. Don't dally in the rooms, get in get out. If a room is taking too long, step out and back in again to avoid the wall monster.

Does any of this help?

Winky Stan

Mindfield, I have had JUST THE OPPOSITE experience. It seems the older I get, the BETTER I get at videogames. Games that were hard when I was a teenager, I can now get much farther in.

I might not have played a game in ten years, but now I find that I can last much longer than I ever did as a kid. I think it's because I have an additional 15 years worth of hand-eye coordination practice, plus I'm not as spazzy and twitchy.

Case in point: Kaboom. 18 years ago, I was lucky if I could get past 3000. Now I regularly score past 10,000

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian:

It seems the older I get, the BETTER I get at videogames. Games that were hard when I was a teenager, I can now get much farther in.

I'm getting worse.

I have Master Builder and rarely play it. I made the mistake of putting it in 3 days ago. It is an interesting concept but, Whatever!!! If anyone has gotten past screen one, I'd like to shake you until you pixelate.

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: StellasGhost ]

quote:

Originally posted by NE146 -

ok.. now 2600 venture I know WELL, and it aint that hard. Maybe you just suck at videogames dude

Someone needs to get that Activision Quest back up and running quick then we can fight to the death

I am crap at some games, Venture being one of them but generally reasonable.

Just ask Stan about Seaquest and Spiderfighter

Adam

quote:

Originally posted by Mindfield:

I swear, I used to rack up high scores on my VCS back in the day. I used to regularily put my initials on arcade games. Now I can't even rank -- on the same damn games. *sigh*

I know what you are talking about.

I had records for all levels of Starmaster, could play Asteroids forever and did several perfect games on Pitfall!, but those times are gone forever now.

Sometimes i just suck at games and other times i play like i cant be stoped. For example on galaga for the 7800. Sometimes i'll make it to around level 40 with no problem.Then other times i cant get past level 10.Same with alot of other games.But give me any football game for any system and ill beat the game at season mode at the hardest level of play anytime or anyone that has the balls to play me