IGNORED

Flashback2

Thanx for fixing it!

Some of the new games(like the "vector asteroids" on the top of the box) look like hacks that I've seen here.  However, I don't recall seeing Lunar Lander(bottom of the box) before.

891764[/snapback]

I believe both asteroids and asteroids deluxe are hacks. I have Lunar Lander listed as New on my site. It was actually quite fun to play, slow to get the ship moving though.

What's up with that game Atari Climber?! That looks just like Climber 5 with another title screen. Is that what it is?! It says copyright 2005 Atari.. did they buy it from Dennis or did Dennis take his idea from theirs or what?

What's Yar's Return like?! The screenshot on that website looks like the original game just reversed.

Caverns of Mars looks really interesting.. reminds me of Super Cobra but going up the screen instead.

Some more pictures and concept art for some of the "new" Flashback 2 games at the Next Level Gaming site:

http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_3190/nl/gameDetail.htm

It's a little outdated since it includes Thrust (I like both Thrust and Battlezone) and some of the games look like concept art, like Lunar Lander (but it still is awesome coding work!).

What's up with that game Atari Climber?! That looks just like Climber 5 with another title screen. Is that what it is?! It says copyright 2005 Atari.. did they buy it from Dennis or did Dennis take his idea from theirs or what?

What's Yar's Return like?! The screenshot on that website looks like the original game just reversed.

Caverns of Mars looks really interesting.. reminds me of Super Cobra but going up the screen instead.

892086[/snapback]

Atari Climber is like Donkey Kong sort of but I think it is based on those DataAge games? Never played climber five.

Yar's Return is more in the middle and you have to go all around to try and remove the shield. Much more difficult.

Caverns is cool and yes a lot like Scramble/Super Cobra, just going down instead.

Corey

Oh, sorry, no manual in the box.

Some more pictures and concept art for some of the "new" Flashback 2 games at the Next Level Gaming site:

http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_3190/nl/gameDetail.htm

It's a little outdated since it includes Thrust (I like both Thrust and Battlezone) and some of the games look like concept art, like Lunar Lander (but it still is awesome coding work!).

892575[/snapback]

Yar's Return makes it look a lot more like Star Castle. How did they possibly do that horizontal force field effect??

As far as I know, Deluxe is not a hack.

I believe both asteroids and asteroids deluxe are hacks.  I have Lunar Lander listed as New on my site.  It was actually quite fun to play, slow to get the ship moving though.

891771[/snapback]

891998[/snapback]

Does it give you any sort of variable thrust? That was the big deal with the coinop, the thrust lever. Otherwise you wind up doing a tapfest.

Don't forget, those in the Chicago area (or willing to drive), this unit will be on display at the Video Game Summit '05 in Lombard, IL at the Fairfield Inn & Suites from 9am to 5pm, July 16th.

More info can be found at:

http://avc.atari-users.net/Events/FestVGS.html

You will be able to play with the unit hooked up to a projector. Big Big Screen!

Corey

Millipede on the FB2 seemed to be a PAL proto version (the player controlled a shaped sprite which whose vertical motion was 'stepwise', instead of controlling a smoothly-moving 'ball'.

893273[/snapback]

I contacted Curt, he did mention that was one of the bugs that was missed. The final retail should have everything fixed with the problems we saw. Dark games, and Millipede.

In a surprise, Outlaw was a hit. Drew a crowd towards the end of the show.

Pictures of the show coming soon. Have to resize.

Corey

In a surprise, Outlaw was a hit.  Drew a crowd towards the end of the show.

That's because it's the Atari 2600 equivalent to Grand Theft Auto. :ponder: :P

893401[/snapback]

True, I guess it is true what they say, graphics are less important if it has good game play.

A lot of people tried out Adventure II and the new games/homebrews. It was a fun time and I got a few extra orders out of it. Now the sad part is I have to send it back and wait for them to ship :(