IGNORED

What music CD is in your computer/player now?

utamav91

Dammit! I passed up one of those robots the other day (a 2xl)... I knew I should have gotten it (I love robots, especially toy robots... I do a robotics degree). Now I know I missed out

My current music cds I'm listening to are:

Ozzy Osbourne - Shot In the Dark

Blue Oyster Cult - (some greatest hits cd)

Guns & Roses - Appetite for destruction, Use your Illusion I & II

Black Sabbath - All Ozzy cds

Bad Religion - All but Generator, No Substance & Against the Grain

Right now Im listening to Tears for Fears greatest hits. But most of the time I listen to stuff like Pink Floyd (Alot of the time), Moody Blues, The Doors, Alan Parsons Project, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, ect.

Got a Pac-Man fever mp3, listen to that alot. I also got a couple of other good mp3s, like Gimme Shelter by Rolling Stones, and the about the entire Manhunter (yes the FIRST "Silence of the Lambs movie".) soundtrack, which is alot of mellow keyboard music.

BTW

Is anyone firmiliar with the film Manhunter? I thought it was better than Silence of the Lambs. Most people I dont think even know it exists or that Silence of the Lambs is a sequal/spinoff.

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

hey, btw. this is my 2-XL

Aw, man. That's one of those fake, cassette playin' Tiger 2-XLs. You know you need a big, honkin' D-Cell usin' 8-Track playin' Mego 2-XL.

Currently playing "DINO" by Dean Martin.

Thank you for turning me on.

If you're especially nice I may even lock the side door.

Not listening to anything right now, but I may put on Phil Collin's greatest hits or Genesis -- Turn It On Again -- The Hits.

Or I may put on the O. C. Supertones, Guardian -- Bottle Rocket, or Project 86.

Or I may put on Bob and Doug McKenzie -- Great White North.

quote:

Originally posted by Nateo:

This is kinda off topic, but oh well.

I was listening to the Beatles about 15 minutes ago. I recently memorized "Yellow Submarine" (the song)

Is it true? Do we all live in a yellow submarine?

yeah, didn't you know that?

Speaking of the Beatles I just got two mp3's of one of my newest favorite bands... The Rutles! I got the two songs Cheese and Onions and With a Girl like You. We just rented the Rutles DVD, its hilarious if you havent seen it, check it out. The music is pretty damn good for being obvious parody/rip offs of Beatles songs. I actually like some of the songs better than the songs they ripped off of.

quote:

Originally posted by sonnenhexer:

Most of the time I hear radio, but when I hear CD I hear the CD from Chris Huelsbeck which was released last year.

Anybody know him?

Oh yes, I remember typing in the contest winning Shades from the 64'er magazine.

I never would do that today.

quote:

Originally posted by Pyramid-Studios:

Speaking of the Beatles I just got two mp3's of one of my newest favorite bands... The Rutles!

As a big Monty Python fan, I have the CD from the Ruttles (conceived and created by Eric Idle) called Archaeology. Great stuff!

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

eeehm ... i guess working at atari in the late 70ies or later at activision .... you couldn't only be high, but also eat bologna sandwiches while working ;-D

(i think we slowly need an extra "bologna story" point in the atariage menu for all the newbies)

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

As a big Monty Python fan, I have the CD from the Ruttles (conceived and created by Eric Idle) called
Archaeology
. Great stuff!

Don't forget to give credit to the person really responsible for the greatness of the Rutles. As funny as the movie is, it wouldn't be worth a darn without the songs written by the greatest comedic songwriter of all times: Neil Innes.

And they are not 'rip-offs', they are parodies/tributes. The song "Back in '64" (from 'Archaeology') is as loving a tribute to the Beatles and their era as anything on The Beatle's 'Anthology.'

If you like the Rutles, I suggest you send to the UK for Neil's'Recollections' volumes 1 - 3.

You will not regret it.

I had no idea you looked so ravishing.

You make me feel like King Kong!

Currently listening to Dave Navaro's "Trust No One" (ex- Jane's Addiction for the who knows)... but I confess it's a burned CD excerpted from my massive 10 Gb collection of various mp3 tunes ranging from AC/DC to Zodiac Mindwarp and from Al Green to Ziggy Stardust