IGNORED

5200 Gorf

Lord Helmet

Can it be hacked to make it playable? The joystick controll is WAYYY to sensitive. Other than that, it looks like a great port.

891562[/snapback]

I wish! It is a great port, by far the best graphics-wise for its era (as in closest to the coin op) but I agree the control is horrible.

Easy fix would be get an Atari 400/800/XL The control is perfect. ;)

Can it be hacked to make it playable? The joystick controll is WAYYY to sensitive. Other than that, it looks like a great port.

891562[/snapback]

I wish! It is a great port, by far the best graphics-wise for its era (as in closest to the coin op) but I agree the control is horrible.

891690[/snapback]

Maybe the 400/800 version could be ported. Are there any differences?

891562[/snapback]

891690[/snapback]

Maybe the 400/800 version could be ported. Are there any differences?

892174[/snapback]

If it gets ported, you still have to worry about how much play the coder puts into the analog stick.

Yeah, it wouldn't be difficult at all. Let's say that the center point of the stick returns a zero. The leftmost point of the stick is read as -255, and the rightmost point of the stick is read as 255. All you'd have to do to give the game simulated digital control is to move the Gorf ship two pixels to the left or right every time the joystick is pushed at least half way to the left or to the right. That way, the player could control the ship comfortably, without violently shifting the stick in either direction to make it move.

JR

Yeah, it wouldn't be difficult at all.  Let's say that the center point of the stick returns a zero.  The leftmost point of the stick is read as -255, and the rightmost point of the stick is read as 255.  All you'd have to do to give the game simulated digital control is to move the Gorf ship two pixels to the left or right every time the joystick is pushed at least half way to the left or to the right.  That way, the player could control the ship comfortably, without violently shifting the stick in either direction to make it move.

JR

893632[/snapback]

If I recall, it's actually(from left to right) 0, 128, 255. But yah.

Space Invaders uses a half-way in either direction control, if I recall.

IMO, it's got WAY too much deadzone to really be playable.