IGNORED

POLL ~ everyone reply please , Thank You

Skatepunk60

Nolan? Not a video game character? I guess you did not know Nolan very well

My second choice besides the characters from the Atari Force comic books would be Yar from "Yars Revenge". By the way, Yar is Ray spelled backward. And Yar fought in the Rassak universe. Rassak is Kassar spelled backwards.

Ray Kassar was the person who took over for Nolan Bushnell after Nolan was fired from Atari.

If you want the cursor from Adventure, or something from Combat or Pong (source of the Atari logo), again I suggest Retrogaming Times' mascot -- Billy the Block.

However, if it comes to having a real mascot, on the level of Sonic and Mario, my vote goes to the Yar too. True, it's far from cute, but that's a plus as far as I'm concerned.

Pitfall Harry would be great to represent VCS gaming as a whole, since third parties were a big part of the rise and the fall; but then he extends beyond that era and so is more emblematic of Activision, still a thriving company, than classic gaming.

Anyway, doesn't Intellevision have a pixilated running guy in their logo?

Yar might be the closest.

Atari didn't really create many characters for their games, they mostly licensed character from other games or other companies. So that eliminates Donkey Kong, Mario, Indiana Jones, E.T., Dig Dug, the ostrich-riding Joust characters, Galaxian, Galaga or any other space invader/alien creature; Pitfall Harry, Pac Man, Ms Pac Man, Jr Pac Man, a third cousin of someone who was married briefly to a fan of Pac Man...

Maybe the dot from Adventure might work. Or one of the 3D tic-tac-toe boards? Or maybe the pitcher stationed at second base in home run?

Mattel Intellivision could use any of their distinct human characters from baseball, football, etc...they all looked alike.

I went to the front page just after alex said he put up a new poll and i voted, then today i went there to check out the progress of the poll and it let me vote again, does this happen to anybody else???

And whats the final verdict on the North american VS All for the search paramiters?

i just checked and it was 51% for ALL and 49% for north american with 290 votes or so

you have to admit it was a close poll from begining to end

Berserk...otto looks like my grandmothers catheta bag (when its full) when she drags it over her living room deep pile carpet.

Does it have to be 2600 chars' or can it be arcade ?

Nurse? more pills please...love pacman (on holiday from namco)

Love and kisses on yer pink parts...the yob

(er...ladies only i'm afraid)