IGNORED

Atari Paddle Games ONE DOLLAR!

Xot

Having previously picked up one of two on clearance for $5, I discovered today that my local Wal-Mart was closing them out for $1.00 each. Only two left, but I got them both, obviously. I've now bought five of these things, and spent $22.00 total over the course of the last year. They've made excellent birthday presents.

Check your stores, mine might not be the only one!

Never saw the paddles going that cheap (sold out before the heavy clearances), but I'd be willing to get five or more at a buck each. The Atari paddle set is one of the better of the "NES on a chip trying to look like something else" TV games.

894094[/snapback]

The two player one is especially nice, since most paddle games are really fun with an intelligent opponent. I got one of the two-player sets for my sister, who loved Circus Atari as a kid (she can still crush me in that game). The port of that game is very close, or else I would have returned it. The only real deficiency is that there's apparently only one voice on the NES-alike hardware (bizarrely, or maybe the coder just overlooked this?), because when you get a bonus life at the same time you clear a row of balloons, you only hear one sound, which makes the audio a little less dazzling (the original sounds a bit like a pachinko machine going crazy, and is distracting enough that I often lose my new life right away *grin*).

Hmm, Atari should offer a paddle controller add-on for the Flashback 2. Of course, that would warrant including more paddle games... (maybe the FB3?)

Edited by Jacob Rose