IGNORED

WTB: MAME rom !

maximebeauvais

Hi,

I'm looking for an updated MAME ROM library and all the other think like artwork, cabinet, control panel, flyer, icons, marques, sound sample, snapshots…..etc.

I already have a mame CD but it is an old one that I got in 1996 and now that I'm building a MAME arcade, I will set up my PC soon.

I know that this could be found on ebay but I just don't thrust those seller ;)

I'm ready to pay or trade. Please help me to complete my projet.

THANKS

Anyone know of any good Mame rom web sites?

894494[/snapback]

Im looking for the same, Its been a while...what happened to mame.dk??

895215[/snapback]

Got shutdown a couple of years ago by the ESA. After their cease and desist order they kept only the database part (downloads disabled). After that there were rumors about a quarrel between the owner of the site and the guy who owned the server (the latter took mame.dk permantly). Now you can get mame roms by the use of bittorrents and other peer to peer networks.

BTW, you can't post links to roms here as it goes against forum rules.

Edited by Dones

There is a site here that offers the services of "burners" around the globe who will burn a complete set for you - you usually can just send them the required number of discs and include a return postage paid envelope. These is no other cost for this service. There are other burners who take a small payment for supplying the media to you and for your postage cost so you do not have to send them the discs.

Be advised that a complete MAME version .98 needs 70 CDs or 10 DVDs and many burners won't do CDs anymore (can you blame them?).

I used this service last year (Mame .77 I think it was) and I was satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...