IGNORED

Rate my Atari story for Digital Press!

Adriana

Hey everyone! I'm participating in the Digital Press LORE contest, where you post your favorite video game-related story. The winners get their story published in the upcoming 6th edition of the Digital Press Collector's Guide.

What I Went Through To Get An Atari

Check it out and if you like it, please give me a good rating!

Pretty good overall, except that back then we called it an Atari, but by 1984 you had to call it a 2600 to designate it from the 5200 or the 7800 or the computers. At any rate, my story is not as interesting, I just asked my folks if I could have one, they said, uh, ok.

But check this out, in 1990 I lent all my games- probably around 70+ (not my actual atari - just the games) to a close family friend, indefinitely, because I didn't play with the games anymore.

So years later I ask him if I can have my games back, he goes: " Man, I think my mom sold them in a garage sale."

I am still mad to this day.

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: StellasGhost ]

That's a pretty good story. Kid of reminds me of the "Christmas Story" by Jean Shepherd. You know the one they play five hundered times on the tele at Christmas. Good story and funny. I would definitly watch this as a short episode of your life on the tube. I'm thinking an episode of "Freaks and Geeks." Best show ever.