IGNORED

uosipa llamxew

I'm about sick of Top Ramen

If you're sick of Top Ramen, or similar ilk like Maruchan (ewww) that's because you're not eating the good stuff.. and that good stuff is ICHIBAN. Throw away all substitutes, there is only one Ichiban. Still cheap, but oh so much better. Get it and realize the error of your ways.

Here's a pic: SAPPORO ICHIBAN RAMEN

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: NE146 ]

You should never underestimate the power of herbs and spices. Get some turkey mince (v cheap) and mix it with tumeric, chilli powder and chopped coriander leaves. A spicy burger works out at about 40 pence, that's about 60c? A tortilla with mayo makes this into a very cheap and tasty meal.

Try making your own bread too (I was doing this tonight) works out cheap and allows you to buy more 2600 carts!

If you are in the east, White Castles work for me. Perfect gaming-sized burgers.

Or spam. I loooovvvveeee spam!

Or, try new things with Ramen. Try chopping up fresh Onion and Garlic and poppingit in your ramen. Or chop up some leftover roast beef from the deli and put it in...

One of my favs is Tomato soup with Jalepenos, Chopped up hot dogs and shredded cheddar cheese. If not Jalepenos, Tabasco does just fine.

I believe meals can be fast, but don't have to be bland. Chili is perfect for an all-day gaming session. Prepare it in the am, and let it sit on simmer for 6 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so. And when you finally beat Double Dragon, your Chili will be ready!

Two all beef-Inkys, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickles ,onions on a sesame seed bun.

I would buy beagels by the bulk for like $3.00 that would last me a few days.  Also perogies are cheap and they fill you up.[/QB]

Did you have a deal with the pet store for the ones that didn't survive the shipping? What? Bagels? Oh.....

If you don't mind doing a little cooking, you can make really good vegetable soups and stews for very little money. Plus unlike fast food, it's really good for you. People tend not to realize how inexpensive it is to eat well.

Did you know that potato chips cost more per pound than steak?

Your resident health nut,

KA

My gaming favorite, 2 dollar meal, more of a desert!

Generic Cola 1 litre, 99 cents cheaper if you live in the US of A

1 bag of Generic Marshmallows, also 99 cents

makes a very unhealthy meal!

oh and I have had plenty of sapporo ichiban noodles in my day (can you say everyday?)

Stay away from the ever expensive Pizza, oh so tasty but oh so money buring.

Stick to:

Noodles!

(Beef kicks ass stay away from shrimp!)

Cola!

(generic 99 cent sodies)

Bread!

(generic 99 cent bread that is)

Jello!

(cherry!)

Marshmallows!

(big non coloured generic as always)

GUM

(not food, bad for your teeth but it will SEEM like you are eating!)

How to make cheap pizza:

Bread slice

(yeah you heard me)

Cheeze (mozzerella if you can!)

(can even be sliced american if need be)

Pasta sauce

(cheap and good, or make your own, tomato paste and some italian spices!)

Hotdog (bleh) or Pepperoni sliced small,

(you can get that pepperoni for cheap seriously use pepperettes if you have to actually suggested due to size)

Put everything on the bread (cept the bread duh) heat in a microwave and enjoy!

Pasta in ketchup and butter!

butter

pasta

ketchup

ALL CHEAP!

HEAT AND ENJOY!

Grilled Cheeze!:

Cheeze slices are cheap!

Bread is cheap!

Ketchup is cheap!

Margarin is cheap! (and I cant spell!)

MAKE SOME!

Sigh, I hate having no money...

One of my cheap 'n cheerful "scalable" (that is, you can go cheap or ritzy as funds permit without altering the quality _that_ much) recipes.

Philly Cheesesteak:

You'll need:

- Deli sliced roast beef

- Green peppers, onions

- Cheese (Provolone if you want authentic, mozzarella if you want cheap)

- Sliced sandwich bread (cheap), hamburger buns (cheap) or soft kaisers (a bit more, but better)

- A frying pan

Slice the roast beef into strips. Cut onions and green peppers into strips. Combine. Meanwhile, heat up a frying pan on medium-high and drop a bit of margarine in it. Shred or thinly slice the cheese and keep aside. Toss in the peppers and saute for a few minutes. Next, throw in the beef and onions and saute 'til the onions have clarified and the beef is cooked. Now toss in the cheese and saute 'til the cheese has melted. Divide into even parts equalling the number of sandwiches you're making (depends on how much beef you bought) Place mixture on bread/buns and enjoy.

Probably won't cost you more than a few bucks a meal -- cheaper than McD's. :-)

ok, here's fish atarian spread:

you need: 1 box of creamcheese (kraft philadelphia, i think it exists in US too), 1 tin of tuna, 1 red paprica, salt & pepper, 1 dash of aceto balsamico or red wine vinegar, pressed 1/2 lemon, basilicum.

it's very simple: cut the paprica into fine slices and mix everything together with a fork, spread on your toast and enjoy ... this should cost you about 4-5$ and is enough for 4 persons ...

I'm guilty of skimping on food as to save the money as well...

2-liter of Mountain Dew Code Red - 99 cents

Pringles - $1.00

This makes for a very good meal, it won't cost much, and if you buy different types of Pringles each day, you won't get sick of eating the same thing every day. Another highly underestimated meal is Taco Bell. I practically live off of it. You can get 3 tacos for 70 cents each, and do take out instead of eat in, so you can drink your Mountain Dew at home, and not have to pay exorbatent prices for drinks. Don't forget to pick up fire sauce, about 4 packets per taco. (that stuff is really weak).

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com