IGNORED

Homebrew "Cyber Cab" interest check.

CPUWIZ

Should I finish it and would you buy it?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should I finish it and would you buy it?

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, make something else.
    • F*ck no, I would never buy anything from CPUWIZ!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Looks cool. Send me the ROM and I'll vote.

Just kidding. There are too many cheapskates in the classic gaming community. It would be a lot funnier if I could remember whatever those Neo Geo collectors called us Atari collectors. Maguffins? Flannigans? Stinky Dinkings?

You have my vote to continue! Not very often that a modern game programmer decides to tackle a project on a classic system, and this game looks pretty interesting, even though I haven't played the C64 version yet. There's not enough homebrew development for the 5200 and I'm sure you'd do a top-notch job. Please let me know when I can add it to our In Development section! :)

..Al

I would definitely buy it! Space Taxi is one of my favorite games! While I'd love for all 24+ levels to be on there it would be a nightmare to do that much at once. I would shoot for 8 levels though to mirror one of the three 8 hour shifts in the C64 original.

My old review of space taxi

http://www.abscape.org/legeek/r_spacetaxi.htm

Great variation on the Lunar Lander theme. Pick up people and drop them off on different pads while dealing with fuel and obstacles. Featured lots of levels and sampled speach. What makes Space Taxi so enjoyable is its attention to detail.

When you have a fare your landing better be smooth if you want a tip. The 'worlds' are varied, one for every hour in a day ranging from kind of believable cityscapes to surreal giant beanstalks and ping pong tables.

If you play all boards in a row there is a bonus world, although there is a cheat on the info page to get to the bonus right away.  Favorite moment: running over a customer and instead of saying "Hey taxi!", he just said "Hey!"

Cheers,

Ben

Looks cool.  Send me the ROM and I'll vote.

Just kidding. There are too many cheapskates in the classic gaming community.  It would be a lot funnier if I could remember whatever those Neo Geo collectors called us Atari collectors. Maguffins? Flannigans? Stinky Dinkings?

896798[/snapback]

Quit being such a scanberg.