IGNORED

Please help with movie game list.

killah5000

I could use a little help in compiling a list of movie based games from the 2600. I plan on trying to get as many boxed carts, manuals, and whatever else I can find( like tip manuals and promos) to use as decoration in my Atari room or home theater room. Any help would be appreciated.

Alien,

Asterix,

E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial,

Ghostbusters,

Ghostbusters II,

Gremlins,

King Kong (?),

Krull,

Mario Bros,

Popeye,

Raiders of the Lost Ark,

Road Runner (Cartoon),

Smurf (Cartoon),

Sorcerer's Apprentice (Cartoon Movie),

Spider-Man,

Star Trek,

Star Wars,

Superman,

Taz (Cartoon).

This is what I know.

I hastily devised a slightly different list:

[*]Adventures of Tron

[*]Alien

[*]Alligator People

[*]E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

[*]Fantastic Voyage

[*]Ghostbusters

[*]Gremlins

[*]Halloween

[*]King Kong

[*]M*A*S*H

[*]Porky's

[*]Raiders of the Lost Ark

[*]Sorcerer's Apprentice

[*]Star Wars: Jedi Arena

[*]Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle

[*]Star Wars: The Arcade Game

[*]Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

[*]The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

[*]Tron: Deadly Discs

• The differences are in part due to my own oversights. Other differences stem from MattyXB's inclusion of games that are related to movies but aren't necessarily based on them, such as
Astérix, Superman, and Spider-Man. But maybe that's OK for your purposes.

Does Buck Rogers Planet of Doom/Planet of Zoom count, how about

• Dukes of Hazard

Lord of the Rings

Tron Deadly Disks

Gremlins

Earth Dies Screaming?

MASH

Aliens

Alligator People

Fantastic Voyage

Flash Gordon

Porky's

Raiders of the Lost Ark

E.T.

Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters II

King Kong

Krull

Mario Bros

Spiderman

Star Trek

Superman

Halloween

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Adventures of Tron

Sorcerers Aprentice

Star Wars

Jedi Arena

Empire Strikes Back

Ewok Adventure

Return of the Jedi

Miss Piggy's Wedding (loosly based)

Pigs in Space (loosly based)

Towering Inferno?

A-Team?

AD&D Tower of Mystey

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Chuck Norris Superkicks (He was in movies right)

Big Bird's Egg Catch

Bugs Bunny

Cookie Monster Munch

Donald Duck

I'm stopping there anyone want to add. I figure at least these were on TV and cartoon movies or muppet movies. Not necessarily games based from movies but characters and liknesses used from them.

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: Monster greifen an ]

A brief synopsis for those fans of 60's horror classics.

"The Earth Dies Screaming

A bunch of people sit around a pub talking about the end of the world, whilst outside, the rest of the Earth's population appear to have dropped down dead. And talk they do… on and on and on…

If you don't think this sounds much like a horror film, you're absolutely right. In fact The Earth Dies Screaming has very few plus points, apart from its rather terrific (and misleading) title.

No-one in the film dies screaming, I'm afraid. Anyone who is seen to be killed is usually a zombie, and their reaction to a bullet hole is a kind of stiff upper lipped "Oh, I appear to have been shot. Cripes, what bad luck. Oh well…" than a blood curdling "Aaaiiiieeeee!"

Still, you can't have everything, and this is a black and white British horror movie, after all. Anyway, back to the plus points. The first five minutes are awesome, as people all over the Home Counties succumb to the evil death plague from space.

Oily mechanics collapse at the helm of steam trains, cars career off the road, bowler hatted types fall over on train station platforms… it's great.

Then our hero arrives in his Land Rover, and it all rather goes downhill from there. Turns out the population have been wiped out by a gas attack from a bunch of slow moving alien robots, who proceed to move slowly around the village our hero and a group of other survivors find themselves in.

For reasons best know to their slow witted selves, the robots only attack occasionally, completely letting off the hook an annoying pregnant girl who spends at least three hours standing at a window in full view of them.

These robots are impervious to bullets, but sadly not to Land Rovers. They also look like they're made out of odds and ends found around the kitchens of Shepperton Studios. This film was obviously a big influence on Doctor Who - the alien robots pre date the Cybermen (although they're not as realistic) and the deserted village scenario pre dates about a hundred other episodes of the long-running programme.

Don't ever let a Who fan tell you their beloved series is original again! But possibly the best thing about the whole farrago is its length - just 60 minutes short. The zombified villagers are a bit spooky as well, I suppose. " Taken from this web site

click me, you sexy thing

Your welcome

Not all 20th Century Fox games. What about Beany Bopper and Deadly Duck, those weren't movies. I thought the same thing until I double checked the Atariage archive. That's when I realized half of 20th Century Fox's games weren't from movies. Whats up with this?

"The Towering Inferno

1974: Warner Bros./20th Century-Fox

Directed by John Guillermin.

Screenplay by Stirling Silliphant; based on the novels The Tower by Richard Martin Stern, and The Glass Inferno by Thomas N. Scortia & Frank M. Robinson.

One of the biggest films of the 1970s, The Towering Inferno was one of the first blockbuster, high-budget, all-star cast, "event" films. It was so big that it had to have two directors! (Guillermin credited by also Irwin Allen). Besides grossing a lot of money at the box office, it also was popular at the Academy Awards, winning for Editing, Cinematography and Best Song. It was also nominated for many others including Best Picture (yes, really look it up)."

Taken from this site:

come on, one more click for good luck! wink.

I doubt it was based on the movie since Towering Inferno the 2600 game was made by US Games and the movie was a 20th Century Fox release. 20CF could have easily put it out themselves. You tell me though. Take care, any more? Let me at em.

Really, nothing at all? I never played Earth Dies Screaming. But it sure is a blatant name rip off.

BTW (I have been wanting to use that for some time now) how exactly do these stars by our names work and how does one become an Atari Pro? Based on entries? What are those numbers?

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

Although I doubt it was based on the movie since Towering Inferno the 2600 game was made by US Games and the movie was a 20th Century Fox release. 20CF could have easily put it out themselves.

From the Towering Inferno game manual:

Towering Inferno Trademark owned by TWENTIETH CENTURY-FOX CORPORATION and used by U.S. Games Corporation under authorization.

I don't know why the Towering Inferno license passed from 20th Century Fox to US Games, but it does seem to be a fact. Possibly the license was granted before 20th Century Fox decided to make games based on its movies; maybe it was even a test case. This is pure speculation on my part, however.