IGNORED

Please help with movie game list.

killah5000

quote:

Originally posted by The Night Phantom:

seems to be based on the movie series, as opposed to being taken directly from the novels.

James Bond should be subtitled: Diamonds are Forever since everything in that game seems to point to that movie.

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: MoonlightKnight ]

Anyone else with more movies. Lets see. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Double Dragon

Frankenstein

Frankenstein's Monster

GI Joe (Cartoon Movie)

He-Man (hehe)

King Arthur (Excalibur?)

Pink Panther

Popeye

Robin Hood

China Syndrome

OK that's all from me for now, I'll be back

quote:

Originally posted by MoonlightKnight:

James Bond should be subtitled: Diamonds are Forever since everything in that game seems to point to that movie.

I have never played James Bond 007, nor am I a Bond buff, but the game's manual identifies the three stages as being from Diamonds Are Forever, Moonraker, and The Spy Who Loved Me.

quote:

Originally posted by The Night Phantom:

Possibly the license was granted before 20th Century Fox decided to make games based on its movies; maybe it was even a test case.

I believe this is correct. The Towering Inferno came out before the Fox games. Maybe it was US Games' licensing of the title that gave Fox the idea to get into the game business.

One title that wasn't mentioned was Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes. This was inspired by the movie Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

And if you want to include 2600 games that have the same names of movies that came afterwards, you can include Stargate and Waterworld.

[ 03-10-2002: Message edited by: rolenta ]

quote:

Originally posted by rolenta:

I believe this is correct. The Towering Inferno came out before the Fox games. Maybe it was US Games' licensing of the title that gave Fox the idea to get into the game business.

One title that wasn't mentioned was Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes. This was inspired by the movie Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

And if you want to include 2600 games that have the same names of movies that came afterwards, you can include Stargate and Waterworld.

And Solaris was the name of a 1972 Russian Sci-fi movie based on a book by Stanislaw Lem.

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

Not all 20th Century Fox games. What about Beany Bopper and Deadly Duck, those weren't movies.

They probably were movies, straight to video or drive ins. I think Kevin Costner was at least in one of them.

I have James Bond 007 and it was better the first time, when it was called Moon Patrol.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: StellasGhost ]

quote:

Originally posted by StellasGhost:

They probably were movies, straight to video or drive ins. I think Kevin Costner was at least in one of them.

Not correct. The first four games released by Fox were not based on movies. In an effort to get into the gaming business quickly, Fox licensed these four games from Sirus Software, who also released them for the computers.