IGNORED

carts in the wild

tamashii14

Here's my most inspirational "in the wild story". There is a local flea market that I went to every weekend, and there is one stand that always had a bunch of commons, which rarely changed. They where in bins with a bunch of them upside down, so I one day I stared going though them turning over one Combat and Space Invaders after another. About 3/4 of the way through I was just about to give up and walk away, but something made me flip over a few more carts, and low-and-behold I flip over an Atari cart and it's Swordquest Waterworld! Got it for $1.00.

The finds are definately getting fewer and far between.. back around '95 or '96, I'd go to a thrift, and more often than not I'd find 2600 and Intellivision carts.. of course, a lot of the time it was just 5 or 6 commons, but they'd be there. In '96, I found Music Machine, Gas Hog, and a bunch of harder to find Intellivision carts in the same thrift in the span of 2 months.

Lately, I find classic video games maybe 1 out of every 20 thrifts I go to.. and it's generally just a beat up old copy of Missile Command selling for $4.50 or so. I can't remember the last time I found anything more rare than a "2" for the 2600.. it's probably a couple years. I have found some decent Atari 8-bit stuff in the last 6 months. It's getting really dry out there... and it's only going to get worse.

You know is gas hog is so common how did so many of you find it in the wild? Well my wild finds havent been so rare but i have got alot of games from flea markets and game stores. In the past two months i have got in the wild 52 games inn the past two months. Keep in minde i'm still in the baby satges of atari collecting so i need alot of commons. I have gotten a skeet shoot wich is a 5 for a buck and a 7800 double dragon for 3 bucks thats a 5 also in the wild so not to bad.

I use to find a bunch of games, like oink and dolphin. Nothing too rare, but lately I have been on a downward slump. We only have so many thrift and flea markets to go to. And I try to go every weekend, but they are starting to get to know me. Thats scary. I feel like I'm bothering these people now. But I need games like an addition or something. I found an Intellivision once but the thrift store wanted $60 bucks for it. I told them I could buy a new N64 for $60 bucks but they wouldn't budge. Someone bought it the next day. I couldn't believe it!

this weekend on the fleamarket i had a different kinda experience:

"wild in the carts"

i found a 32-In-one cart and bought it for 3$. when i was sitting in the car again, i looked at the cart again and a centipede came out of the front of the case .....

hehe, first i thought i'd have to catch it, dry it, put it in a small glass case and give it a special place within my collection.

but then i just let that poor thing flee from this giant videocollector that stole his home.