IGNORED

Anyone know what this is?

l3ushwig

manual holder?

store cataloge holder?

897774[/snapback]

I was thinking a manual holder but on the back of it there is a slot on each side maybe for a cardboard display.

Oh yeah and it’s made by Atari...

C1982 ATARI, INC.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

:?

Yeah, that has to be some sort of store display, probably for product literature. How large is the opening?

..Al

897917[/snapback]

Too big for a boxed game but a few cm off for a manual... Ill try and find a catalog sumwhere and see how that fits.

Edit: oh yeah no serial number..

post-5478-1122294982_thumb.jpg

Edited by l3ushwig

Too big for a boxed game but a few cm off for a manual... Ill try and find a catalog sumwhere and see how that fits.

898090[/snapback]

Atari's catalogs are generally the same size as manuals, 5" x 7". It appears that the Maze Craze manual fits pretty well, doesn't look like it's off by a few centimeters in the photo. After seeing that picture, I'd have to say it was for distributing Atari catalogs in a retail environment. Just curious, how did you come about this?

..Al

898090[/snapback]

Atari's catalogs are generally the same size as manuals, 5" x 7". It appears that the Maze Craze manual fits pretty well, doesn't look like it's off by a few centimeters in the photo. After seeing that picture, I'd have to say it was for distributing Atari catalogs in a retail environment.

898699[/snapback]

I think he meant millimeters. I always get a laugh when people outside the U.S. make that kind of mistake, especially if the same person complains about our screwball "system" of measures.

BTW, I know the metric/SI sytem is far superior and really wish Reagan had finished what Carter started and got us on the same page as everyone else...

looks to me like the green checkerboard pattern matches the 1982 Atari catalog (that also doubled as a poster):  http://www.atariage.com/catalog_overview.html?CatalogID=62

Note that this scan is very dark.

Here's a better pic:

897946[/snapback]

That's exactly what it is. I had a pile of those catalogs years ago. A store was tossing them out when I was a kid and I grabbed them. I remember the bx too.

I think he meant millimeters. I always get a laugh when people outside the U.S. make that kind of mistake, especially if the same person complains about our screwball "system" of measures.

I think you meant "millimetres" - screwball system of spelling LOLOL :D

(p.s. I am only having a jest, and probably made some f-up there that someone will be able to pick holes in too)