IGNORED

Fireworld Bugs

StanJr

I was just over at Scott's easter egg page checking on Fireworld bugs because I was getting a lot of them as I was trying to solve it tonight (which I gave up on). And I noticed something really odd. There is a bug with the clues that when you get them a solid cursor block can appear in your inventory. There is another bug which generates an large number of ropes. Well, I think I have a bug that combines these 2.

I was carrying the Rope when I got Clue 00. When the cursor bug happened, the rope in my inventory disappeared! I went to look for it and found it in another room! (Room A on Russ Perry's map).

Then, later, I was returning to Room G (I keep all my items there when not in use) to get something for clue 03 when I noticed that the rope was no longer in room G (where I left it after using it for Clue 01). So I set out to find it again. In the process, I got clue 03. Upon returning to room G, guess what was there again, el ropo!

This Fireworld Rope Trick is baffling!

How rushed was this hunk of crap?!

Play tested Stan

NEW BUG!

In the Flame Dragon Trials, the collision detection is so poor that you can get "hit" while moving regardless if there is a flame bolt coming at you or not. This can also happen when sitting still, but most often occurs if you try to "dodge" incoming fire or just move around too much!

I also could not get Clue 08 to appear for anything!

I hate this game!

Bugged Stan

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: StanJr ]

I think Fireworld would have been a half-way decent game if as everyone pointed out it wasn't so buggy. There's a lot more of variety to the sub-games than the 4 in Earthworld....But DAMN they're almost unplayable, it's almost like they didn't finish the damn thing or something.