IGNORED

CyberStudio for the ST

I've got the pretty much complete Cyberstudio package, bought it from Abe here at AA, it includes the Cad-3D 2.0, Cyberpaint, cybercontrol, cybertexture, cybersculpt, spectrum 512 and maybe one or two other modules for the set. I've been glancing through it all, though I'll start the full tutorials this weekend to start learning it all. Looks to be a real nice CAD package though. I know it's not the newest, as stuff from Lexicore others have come out since, but with all the add-on modules it's still seems relatively advanced, especially for 20 year old computers, though I wil probably have to upgrade to a TT or Falcon to get the best speed out of it, evntually. Has anyone else used or still use the Cyberstudio collection? What do you think of it over all? The cybersculpt actually appears to be basically the next generation of CAD-3D, a CAD-3D 3.0 in a way. Should be some exciting stuff to get into. I'm mainly plannign on using it for 3D modeling for use in Jaguar development in the future.

Cyber Studio is just great.

Don't remember the details, but some of the components were ported to the PC and become part of AutoCAD software.

901049[/snapback]

Probably a combination of various advanced features found in the entire Cyberstudio package, especially some from Cyberscupture I would imagine as it has a lot of high-end features to it. I'm just glad I got the whole package along with all the documentation, which is a "MUST have." I was looking into the newer packages like Rosetta 3D and Lexicore's stuff (unless that IS Rosetta 3D that lexicore did) and another later CAD/modeling package that came out for the TT/Falcon line more or less, but then when I discovered the add-on modules like Cybersculpt (really it's own program) and Cyber texture&control, I decided that this package was good enough. Especially after finding out that Spectrum 512 can be used with it all to really enhance stuff, as I only wanted the newer packages for the higher resolution and color depth, but with 512 colors at my disposal, that's plenty, I can settle for 320x200 resolution with that many colors. Now I REALLY must upgrade my ST's memory soon, to 2.5 megs, as 1meg just won't suffice in the long run, though it's enough for me to learn with. I'll definately be in the market for a TT or Falcon now though, with a 68060 upgrade board like CT60 on the falcon or whatever equivalent is on the TT, or even Mega STE...

My friend uses emulation to acheive top speeds with Cyberstudio, but I'd rather not resort to emulation if I can help it, the whole point for me is using the classic systems and avoiding the PC at all costs whenever possible. If I get a TT or Falcon, I won't even need a PC to surf the net with anymore...