IGNORED

ET in cinema again with new parts

MattyXB

The CG E.T. looks VERY fake (was worse than the puppet or midget or whatever it was in the original) It totally looks added in. I'm VERY VERY VERY worried about this. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Boosting the FX is fine with me, but adding in new scenes, etc. Makes me nervous.

If its not broken DON'T F*** WITH IT!

Stan (I blame Disney)

What, they scrapped the Reeses Pieces? I watched the preview at the theatre the other night and was wondering why I didn't see them. What the hell is the candy in the "NEW ET" supposed to be? It does play a major role in the film you know. Not only that, but I was at Toys R Us the other day and was looking at the ET action figures and noticed the ET figure came with a bag of . . . .you guessed it folks candy. Random as all get out. I feel sorry for Reeses Pieces this could have been a break for them to sell more candy. It is still around and all. I hat Spielburg for messing with this movie. I hope at least the Atari and the polaroid camera scenes stay in. God forbid kids be forced to realize other things besides and Xbox existed before.

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

What, they scrapped the Reeses Pieces? I watched the preview at the theatre the other night and was wondering why I didn't see them.

Hmmm, I've seen a few commercials for this movie that start out with E.T. manipulating a good number of what I thought were Reeses Pieces, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I could have sworn these were commercials for Reeses Pieces, with a tie-in to the movie (or the other way around.. ) But I could have been imagining things.

Okay, they most certainly didn't take Reese's Pieces out of the movie, go have a look at the Reese's Home Page.

..Al

I just want to thank you for that Albert, I was about to kill someone from pure anger. Not to mention destroying my entire collection of Spielberg movies and burning him in effegy in my front yard. Seriously though, that toy manufacturer must not have rights to the Reeses deal. And I was seriously in the mode of thinking that they took it out of the movie. So thanks for keeping me sane and giving me hope that I might go see it again. (Wipes brow) Whew!

[ 03-13-2002: Message edited by: Monster greifen an ]

I hate when they start messing around with old movies to "update" them. Did you also hear that the toy guns the kids are playing with have been changed to sticks? Also the line, "you look like a terrorist" has been changed to "you look like a hippy". OH MY GOD!!!!! THEY USED THE WORD TERRORIST. We can't offend anyone. We have to take that word out.

I know that I am not going to watch it. I think it is a shame that instead of just adding the previous unseen portions of the film and perhaps updating the sound to something more recent, they feel that they have to edit the content and thus change some parts of the movie.

I hope that if they do decide to release this on DVD to include both the original and edited versions on DVD.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Curse you Lemmi! Get out of the house and go see a movie already! Sheesh! What is with you?

:

well i have EVERY cable channel and im patient, i can wait

also why should i spend $8 for something i will see at a later time that i pay for already

Have you seen a movie in the theatre? Its a totally different experience. Matrix was awesome in the theatre, but did not translate so well to the small screen. The GIANT plot holes were much more obvious when the size of the spectacle was reduced.

Yer killing me, dude.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Have you seen a movie in the theatre? Its a totally different experience. Matrix was awesome in the theatre, but did not translate so well to the small screen. The GIANT plot holes were much more obvious when the size of the spectacle was reduced.

Yer killing me, dude.

yeah the last movie i went to in a theatre was the South Park movie

And if it's too broke to fix, don't bother. ET was an emotionally manipulative, advertisement filled piece of cinematic crap. But then again, you could say that about ALL of Spielburg's films.

JR

P.S. Why yes, I *am* still bitter about being dragged out of an arcade to see the film when I was a kid.