IGNORED

My Lynx Collection

dalton4life

This is my homemade box for my lynx collection,also have 4 more lynx 2's and a lynx 1 also cig lighter lead and new power supply in box. :)

905373[/snapback]

That's really nice. I could use something like that but I know I'd never make it. I'm trying to figure out a way to store/display my Lynx cards at least.

Edited by dalton4life

Making the box is CAKE.

Getting a Lynx is the hard part.. I have one of those "defective factory returns' Looks brand new, but there's no fix. It lights up for half a second then turns off.

I'd make a case like that in trade for a working lynx and at least one game. don't have any games yet.

I'm still trying to get a "display" CD for the jaguar in the game museum I'm working on.

I just use the large Lynx carrying cases. The pockets in the lid I use for 12 games. In the case itself I have 5 partitions -- one for the AC adapter, two for stacks of game cards, one for ComLynx, and the largest for the Lynx itself. (Although this is for a Lynx II; for the Lynx I remove one partition, since the Lynx I uses the space the Lynx II leaves to one side in the case)

It would have been nice if those cases were just a bit bigger -- maybe one more long compartment to stick a battery pack. As it is I use two large carrying cases. :)

It's not exactly pretty, two compartments with just stacks of games in 'em, but it works. :)

FWIW though here's my collection. It's mostly up to date ... a few games missing, some hardware, etc.

post-104-1123388239_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mindfield

i also have 1 large case ,12 games in the pockets and 23 in gameboy cases stored in the top compartments ,i used to keep the manuals underneath the lynx but now i have to many ,id love something like that homade wooden case ,but im just not a DIY kinda guy :(

• 2 months later...

I work with plastic. How about a clear Acrylic display case?

I'm so busy at work I havn't had the time to put one together.

How about some idea's?

How many carts should it hold? 12, 24, 36??

Should it lie flat or stand up on a small angle?

Any input please?

I just used modified CD jewel cases to store Lynx carts. I broke off the hub that the CD sits on, and used a Dremel handheld sander to cut a groove into the removed inside piece long enough to hold a Lynx cart. I scanned in most of my Lynx boxes years ago, and shrunk or enlarged the pictures and printed them out to insert inside the jewel case. For carts without the curved lip, I used a thin layer of styrofoam and cut out a cartridge shape.

I just used modified CD jewel cases to store Lynx carts. I broke off the hub that the CD sits on, and used a Dremel handheld sander to cut a groove into the removed inside piece long enough to hold a Lynx cart. I scanned in most of my Lynx boxes years ago, and shrunk or enlarged the pictures and printed them out to insert inside the jewel case. For carts without the curved lip, I used a thin layer of styrofoam and cut out a cartridge shape.

950109[/snapback]

CD jewel case! Why didn't I think of that before!!!

I think I'll try that idea with one this week and post some pictures...

-Rick

You could always use DVD cases. You'd have to put something on the inside, like glue down a chunk of foam padding on the inside with a hole cut out that's cartridge sized, but with something as large as a DVD case, you could store your game's instruction manual in it.

Lynx Collection.. let's see...

Gates of Zendocon

Steel Talons

Rampart

Crystal Mines II

Hydra

Rygar

Tournament Cyberball

Double Dragon (2 copies)

Ishido way of the stones

Stun Runner

Football

Xybots

Malibu Bikini Volleyball

Dinolympics

Rampage

Chip's Challenge

Shanghai

Just enough for me to say "Wow.. the Lynx is actually pretty cool."

Started with a Lynx II, but over time I became more impressed with the battery life and feel of the original Lynx. Maybe someday we will make a Lynx hack that uses a LCD screen and not a freaking minature television for crying out loud. :D