IGNORED

2600 Giant list Labels, boxes, manuals, UPDATED!

Philflound

I think you meant user unfriendly. The actual list is in MS Word. It's fine looking in that format and you can add yourself to my email list if you'd like updates. Just PM me your email address and I'll get the current list to you and when I do a decent amount of updates, you'll receive a new update. The list right now is about 118 pages I believe. Alphabetical by company is probably the best way to go and was the way the original giant list was done.

Phil

Ya what you said :cool: . I will PM you.

Jim

Phil, have you ever seen this one? I got it the other day.

post-7074-1175142733_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1175145112_thumb.jpg

It has the same address as these French Canadian labels I got that have never been used. I believe Coleco included these with most if not all Canadian releases as you were meant to stick them on yourselves if you wanted to read the cart in French. I remember my Colecovision games that I had on my Colecovision console as a kid being this way:

post-7074-1175142812_thumb.jpg

I got those two labels I got long ago. I did come across a Mousetrap that was doubled labeled with this French label on top the other day. It was so dried out the label cracked off the cart. It matches your Mousetrap (f) label:

post-7074-1175143893_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1175143907_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1175144262_thumb.jpg

Again I suspect this French label was probably included with every Coleco game sold in Canada, so the owner would simply put it overtop. This will give you a lot of variations.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this past week I was off from school. I don't get too many days off now till summer. I'm still going to try and put my best effort to get this list done already. I've finished through R and have already started into S. I believe I'm down to about 30 titles to go. There have been a few new additions in some of the older listings. Again, anyone with info to fill in or scans they can send me, I'd appreciate it.

As promised, once I was done with R, the email went out to all those on the list. Again, if you'd like to be added, contact me with your email address.

I'm in the process of launching a site with another collector which will show all scans, side by side, along with the appropriate listing of the game. We're working out the kinks, and I can't see this getting up anytime soon, but it'll be easier for the collector to be able to see the exact differences next to each other, instead of having to click back and forth from page to page. This is a major project, and for the time being will have the 2600 carts and boxes. Since I plan on working and completing both Colecovision and Intellivision by the end of the summer, I'm hoping to add these systems to the site. Again, so everyone will be able to see everything side by side. I don't foresee too many variations for the Colecovision, but the Intellivision has tons.

So please review the list thus far. If you can fill in any info that I'm missing, anything with a ? will suffice, along with sending me scans of entries with no * next to it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Phil

The picture is smaller compared to the other labels. I'd like to see what the cart looks like on the other side. Can you get ahold of a scan of the mold on the reverse? I'm assuming this isn't yours, but maybe if you know where it came from, it would enlighten us to know what the other side looks like.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Joust with the 1985 "Atar" typo. The red text end label has a "P" about half way between the end of JOUST and the end of the label.

What does that "P" signify? I thought PAL, but it plays normally in my NTSC console.

I just got a Joust with the 1985 "Atar" typo. The red text end label has a "P" about half way between the end of JOUST and the end of the label.

What does that "P" signify? I thought PAL, but it plays normally in my NTSC console.

It does mean PAL -- this PAL end label on an NTSC cartridge is a known factory assembly error, fairly common.

It does mean PAL -- this PAL end label on an NTSC cartridge is a known factory assembly error, fairly common.

Thanks, A.J. I couldn't find that information here. Didn't think to use Google when the native search wouldn't let me use "P" as a search term.

Good to know that I can just play it and don't have to store it under bullet proof glass with high security. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

some new new or corrected ones for the list (scans are available on my website):

Asteroids

PicBl-p ©1981, CART1, Atari logo black, “CX2649” white, EL: “p” printed on right, PAL , bottom asteroid halfway inside picture

Galaxian

PicSil2 ©1983, CART2, EL: huge font

h) PicGr2 ©1987, CART3, no “use with”

Mario Bros

c) PicGr1 no ©, CART? -> 3, Hong Kong, ML: no 2697, no Atari corp. or Atari inc.

PicSil2 ©1983, CART1, EL: paper, EL: “p” printed on right, PAL

Missile Command

k)* R PicBl ©1987, CART3? -> 3, no “use with…” line

l)* R PicBl ©1991, CART3? -> 3, no “use with…” line, PAL

Moon Patrol

PicGr2 ©1985, CART2

PicGr2 ©1986, CART2

Pele's Soccer

PicBl ©1986, CART1, ML: TYPO: “Atari game program manual” instead of “use with joystick controllers”, “P” sticker on bottom left, EL: plastic

Stargate

PicGr2 ©1985, CART2, EL: plastic

PicGr2 ©1985, CART3, EL: plastic, EL: different font

Super Football

Picred2 ©1988, CART3, China, EL: CA400064-154 on lower right

I'll add the variations when I get a chance. It may not happen for weeks. School is almost out, so I'll have some free time on my hand. Though I'm supposed to be taking a night class to finish out my year alternate route class that will run me the entire month of July, 4 nights per week. Also, if anyone lives near northern jersey, say within 30-45 minutes from NYC, and is either part of a board of education, or knows someone, can you help me get a job. I'm losing my position and come September, at this time, I have no employment. I'm certified for elementary content and middle school math. I'm going to take the middle school science praxis too, and hopefully I'll pass. Thanks.

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...