IGNORED

2600 with unreleased games

Buyatari

I hope the winner gets what he paid for? :?   (Good luck)!!! :)

908787[/snapback]

I have a feeling that the buyer isn't going to be happy. I was promised pictures and never received them.

908802[/snapback]

Well, it is a big time buyer...maybe he had some kind of info.?

:ponder:

908806[/snapback]

When I emailed the seller I told him that I was very interested in his auction and that I was prepared to bid a substantial amount of money for his auction but that I wanted to see pictures first. If the items were real I would have thought that he would have sent pictures.

I'm amazed how high this auction went.  I can't believe someone would pay that amount sight unseen for these.

brian-scott-atkins frequently bids to excess ... I don't believe the word patience is in his vocabulary. Somehow, I'm not too shocked he took the auction to where it landed.

Well you know they say, it takes two to tango..

Runner up is a member of DP, where this auction was also discussed, maybe he felt they were the real deal. :ponder: It would have been more believable to me had most of the games been known. With that may unknowns, it's more likely some pirate carts pcbs or eproms. I don't think the seller knows exactly what he has. But I doubt it's worth anywhere near the $600 :|

• 1 month later...
I have been offered $3,000 by collectors offline.

I will start the bidding at $500 no reserve. "Buy it now" is $3,000.

BS. Why didn't het sell it to the 'collectors' offline instead of running the risk that the end-price of the auction will be much lower...

• 2 weeks later...

These are totally crap auctions. They are 90:1 eprom socket games that aren't prototypes or rare. For all we know, so and so's uncle swept the floors and had nothing to do with game development.

Eprom socket sets are far more common than 28 WIPs and 2 unreleased games. They must have sold them in the back of Popular Science or something.

If you won one of these auctions and have something unique to bring the community from them, aside from a cool story about spending too much on crap, I dare you. C'mon. Truth and dare. We'd all triumph if something neat came out of these.