IGNORED

H.E.R.O. Maps and More!

Albert

/2600/archives/HEROMaps/index.htmlWe've got a treat for those of you who are fans of Activision's H.E.R.O. for the Atari 2600. Adam Lewis has created a complete set of maps for the first 20 levels of H.E.R.O. (after level 20, the maps are reused). Adam has also created a movie showing a playthrough of level 20, a screenshot of what happens when you complete the game, and a savegame created with PC Atari that allows you to start at level 20 with six lives. You can find all of this great H.E.R.O. content here. Enjoy!

I just wonder about the following thing: when does the endscreen appear?

If there're 20 levels you might think that the endscreen will appear afterwards. Considering the pictures and maps shown, this is impossible, because the screenshot of the endscreen shows the miner to be rescued on the left side of the screen. The screenshot of level 20 shows the miner on the right side of the screen...

I never played "H.E.R.O." on my 2600, I always used the c64-version. I hopefully find the time to play HERO on 2600 at the weekend to find out myself.

Simon

Note: Frying the game takes you to a LVL Where there is a minor waiting to be rescued. You can't see R. Hero but you can hear him when you use your lazer eyes. Wait until your time runs out and you will die and be taken back to the start of the first LVL...Now you have about 250 free lives!!!

quote:

Posted by Simon -

I just wonder about the following thing: when does the endscreen appear?

If there're 20 levels you might think that the endscreen will appear afterwards. Considering the pictures and maps shown, this is impossible, because the screenshot of the endscreen shows the miner to be rescued on the left side of the screen. The screenshot of level 20 shows the miner on the right side of the screen...

The end game screen appears when you roll the score from 999,990 to 1,000,000.

This can occur anywhere on any one of a number of levels.

Adam

Adam wrote "The end game screen appears when you roll the score from 999,990 to 1,000,000".

Are you still able to continue gameplay when the score with the six "!" appears or does the game stop there?

I mean is there really an end of the game or is there just a problem of the rolling points covered by these attention-marks?

BTW: Great maps, Adam!

Simon

quote:

Originally posted by MoonlightKnight:

SPENDERIFIC!

@Stan: There seems to be alot of games you don't have. What gives? I would figure you had a ton of these things. Or at least a copy of games like this one.

You'd be amazed at the games I DON'T have!

Like most atari games, HERO has no end screen. Past level 20 the levels appear at random until you reach !!!!!!. After that, I have no idea, never been that far!

moycon, you have to rescue a "minor?"

Dude, this "Jun" thing is starting to rot yer mind.