IGNORED

'Reset' button for the 7800?

PacManPlus

I have a Cuttle Cart 2, and I love it :)

But after using it a while, I started thinking that I would like to have a way to 'reset' the 7800 without using the power button constantly...

Are there any traces in the 7800 I can hijack to create a 'reset' button that will do the same as turning the power off and on?

Thanks in advance

Bob

I got one working last year, but there was a big problem. It resets the base unit, but it doesn't reset the cartridge, since there is no reset line in the slot.

Since the main reason for me to reset the unit was to reset the CC2 so that I could reload code that I was working on, the switch was pointless. The same problem would apply to any other multi-cart as well.

I got one working last year, but there was a big problem.  It resets the base unit, but it doesn't reset the cartridge, since there is no reset line in the slot.

908353[/snapback]

What about wiring a SPDT momentary switch so that the normally-closed contact would connect VDD to the regulator while the normally-open contact would connect VDD to ground through a 100-ohm resistor (ensuring clean discharge of all bypass and other caps) while avoiding any potentially-nasty transients)?

Edited by supercat

What about wiring a SPDT momentary switch so that the normally-closed contact would connect VDD to the regulator while the normally-open contact would connect VDD to ground through a 100-ohm resistor (ensuring clean discharge of all bypass and other caps) while avoiding any potentially-nasty transients)?

Feel free to try it. :-)

It was enough work for me to get the reset button in there as it was. I don't remember exactly what I did to make it work, but it wasn't a trivial fix. Opening the power might work, but with that soft-power thing that the 7800 has, you'd have to make sure that the thing stayed turned on.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I need to mod my 2600 to support resets too. The ROM emulator I have doesn't like it when I cycle the power (resets to load mode, which takes the ROM off the bus).

Looking at the schematic, it looks like I just need to put a low pulse to the CPU and RIOT's reset pin. Will it need more than that?