IGNORED

had a fun classic gaming night

legeek

Friday night I had Rob Mitchell and some buddys over for some classic gaming. We played 4 player Warlords and 4 player quadrapong on the 2600. Four player Atari is still a lot of fun. Also tried out Man Goes Down with the Atarivox. This is a grade A homebrew, very polished and addictive. Checked out the Mail Plane proto for the Vectrex as well as playing I Cyborg and a few other Vectrex gems. We also checked out a beta of the new Stella emulator which will emulate "frying" the atari for weird bugs and glitches!

On the 5200 we tried out Blaster, Bristles, Combat 2 Advanced, Haunted House 2 Advanced and Koffi. Koffi is the best of the lot, I need to get a copy someday. Blaster is wierd but fun, Bristles is pretty good, but Combat 2 and Haunted House 2 are duds.

On the Colecovision we played Qbert's Qubes, Grog's Revenge, Ms. Space Fury and Space Invaders Collection. Qubes is my favorite, but the other folks seems to prefer the elegance of the original.

All in all a great time. Have you had or been to a classic gaming get together lately? What did you play?

Cheers,

Ben

• 3 weeks later...